Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audiosurf Air

Options
  • 16-04-2012 11:50pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A sequel to one of my personal favourite indie games of this generation has been announced. Nothing set in stone yet. Beta signups are available
    here

AudiosurfAir_Screenshot2_512.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I enjoyed audiosurf, but only the mono-pro mode.
    The rest were too taxing and took away from the actual songs I was bopping along to.

Beat Hazard was another great audio game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was there ever an android / iOS version of the game? Seems like it would be a perfect fit for mobile these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

calex71 wrote: »
    Was there ever an android / iOS version of the game? Seems like it would be a perfect fit for mobile these days.

I don't know about Android, but the problem with iOS was that you didn't have access (or rather, the right kind of access) to the music files in order to perform analysis on them. This might have changed since the time audiosurf was first released but someone who pays attention to the mess that is iOS would have a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,341 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Audiosurf [at least now] has full iTunes compatibility so I don't see that as a problem.

I'd actually delight for a First Person Shooter on the same lines. Beat hazard proved it was remotely possible. Couple that with the L4D director AI and the way it inversely catered the music to the action the survivors were facing.

Advertisement