Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

early season fun

• 17-04-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I see that players are already proving to be far too good for the level they have been put at by questionable starring lists as K.Khan of Leinster hits 132 out of 197 for leinster 8 against Clontarf 7 coming in at number 5. I had the misfortune to play against him last year when he blasted 75 off about 30 deliveries against us in the minor cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Happens time and again unfortunately. Cup matches are the worst; we always seem to come up against a team who have brought down a ringer to hammer the ball out of the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

What would Leinster cricket be without ringers in the lower divisions?

Oh yeah now I remember: BETTER

After Laois raised the bar with ringers last season (239*?) it will be interesting to see if they and other clubs can maintain such a high level of cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

Very disheartening to see this carry on going on already. Every dog has his day and all that but it's on thing a lower league player making a decent knock or grinding out a ton. It's another thing when someone drops down, swings from the hip and smashes the ball to all four corners of the ground on his way to a ton with a strike rate of 200 or thereabouts.

With the LCU's talk of constantly checking starrings to make sure no one isn't on there who hasn't played for 4 weeks I'd hope this kind of thing will stick out to them and be eradicated.

It seems if you play down the divisions a level playing field is too much to ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Thankfully the OCC have taken action on this.

The player concerned made 132 in Division 10 last year and averaged 80 in 6 games between Division 10 and 13. Seems very careless or very cheeky for Leinster, a club with 8 teams, to play him in a Division 14 match.

edit - the 132 in Division 10 was in one match Vs Pembroke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

great to see action being taken on this. About time the LCU started acting on these issues

(now to go and change my team for this weekend)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

Very generous to suggest it could possibly have been 'careless' on behalf of the club there Firehen!!!

Great to see the LCU stamping this out at the first chance. I hope the new system they have, and have been putting in place over the last couple of years, continues to work and catch this stuff out.

Great to see such a firm stance and that they have him locked in for Division 9 (where his 80 avg in the divisions below suggest he should be) and no lower for the starring period shows a great common sense approach too.

Well played LCU/OCC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Excellent to see the LCU sending a clear message this early in the season!

Advertisement