Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapter of Physics to Start

• 17-04-2012 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi guys,

I'll be repeating my Leaving Certificate in September and I have decided to pick up higher level Physics. I want to try and have a lot of the course covered by September so I'll be familiar with the material in class. The problem I'm having is that I have no idea which chapter I should start on? Is there a "beginning" chapter with the basics that are needed before you start the other chapters? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Pizster wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'll be repeating my Leaving Certificate in September and I have decided to pick up higher level Physics. I want to try and have a lot of the course covered by September so I'll be familiar with the material in class. The problem I'm having is that I have no idea which chapter I should start on? Is there a "beginning" chapter with the basics that are needed before you start the other chapters? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance! :)

Work through from chapter 1. The book is structured fairly well. At least, "real world physics" is, if you have that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

If I were you I'd cover all of light firstly. Maybe for mechanics you should wait 'till school because there's a lot of understanding needed for that. Well, actually you need to understand well all of physics, heat and electricity may be hard for you to comprehend aswell. So, I'd recommend you cover light, radioactivity/the electron and the option called particle physics.

Advertisement