Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do with your hands

• 17-04-2012 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

So, apparently, I've given up smoking.

I thought I had a packet of cigarette papers. I can't find them anywhere.

I'm thinking of whittling my oak table into a scale replica of a spitfire.

And, appaqrently they weren't half as important as the Hurricanes in the Battle of Britain.

\puts book back on shelf

Jaysus, I'm gasping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Lollipops? You can hold them and put them in your mouth.

You can also play Kojak.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

This is AH you're asking in - I would say FAP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Put yo haynds togetha and pray with me to the Lawdy Lawdy Jeeheesus that you don't smoke no mo of the Devil's weed, son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

left handed surfing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Things to do with your hands?

Type on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've been banned from AH for 3days,i missed being able to post in these threads!!

But yes lollipops,i concur.
    Or you could make miniature furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Put yo haynds togetha and pray with me to the Lawdy Lawdy Jeeheesus that you don't smoke no mo of the Devil's weed, son.

Praise the Lord. \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭mickgotsick

I find washing my hair to take ages and it uses my hands. Put some shamfeces in your hand, put in hair and move hand around to make some suds. Put head under water to make the suds go away. Take some more shamfeces and do the same. Take some more shamfeces and do the same.

It just goes on forever. I usually run out of shamfeces before I finish the instructions on the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

I find washing my hair to take ages and it uses my hands. Put some sham**** in your hand, put in hair and move hand around to make some suds. Put head under water to make the suds go away. Take some more sham**** and do the same. Take some more sham**** and do the same.

It just goes on forever. I usually run out of sham**** before I finish the instructions on the bottle.

P00 is censored wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Lollipops? You can hold them and put them in your mouth.

You can also play Kojak.

Friend of my mothers actually ate around ten lollipops a day for years after he gave up smoking.

Alternatively maybe take up oragami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Come back when you can put on a hand shadow play of Ireland's economic decline featuring Bertie, Seánie Fitz, Brian Goggin, Biffo, the other Seán (ya know bankrupt, then unbankrupt), and other innocent parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Measure the heights of horses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

http://www.funny-games.biz/fingerfenzy.html
    Time yourself typing the alphabet.
    Try beat your own time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

came across this old newsreel carrolls factory dundalk and dublin 1964

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/why-buy-broadleaf/query/BOXING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

And, appaqrently they weren't half as important as the Hurricanes in the Battle of Britain.

\puts book back on shelf

Jaysus, I'm gasping.

Yeah hurricanes were the better gun platform and had heavier armament so they took out far more bombers. Spitfires were for toffs i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Read a book or play a computer/video game would be 2 regular easy things. Keep the mind occupied for a while. TV won't work. You'll get mad ravings staring at that useless lifeless screen.

The worst thing for me was I was off cigs for 2 days, and there I was craving a cigarette while watching someone on TV crave a cigarette. That really stuck a hot iron in me. Good luck. :p

If you screw up and end up having one don't throw it all away. Quit again. It's really easy. Also don't plan to fall off the wagon with the intention of getting back on. That's the worst thing you could do.

Making that model sounds pretty cool actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Here is the Church
    Here is the Steeple
    Open the doors
    And there's the people!

Repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

You could count on your fingers the amount of fucks I give...
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Pick your nose AND scratch your arse at the same time.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Download temple run, which is now available on Android phones as well as iphones!

Knitting??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

Dennis Norden only held a clip-board on 'It'll Be Alright On The Night' because he didn't know what to do with his hands on camera. You could use this in your everyday life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Pupito wrote: »
    Dennis Norden only held a clip-board on 'It'll Be Alright On The Night' because he didn't know what to do with his hands on camera. You could use this in your everyday life.

That's a great tip.

I'm doing that from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

\puts book back on shelf

Jaysus, I'm gasping.

write that screen play you always wanted to write, that'll keep your fingers busy :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you need something to do with your hands just let them go idle for a while. Pretty soon the devil will find some work for them.

Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Wonder is he still off them? :D

It's one of the hardest things about stopping smoking, the idle hands...

3 days will see a huge improvement if ya can stick it AMC. Hands in your pockets and play with yerself till then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Godsentme wrote: »
    Pick your nose AND scratch your arse at the same time.:D
    You forgot .... and change hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The knitting tip actually worked for an ex-chainsmoking mate of mine. I've lost touch now, but last time I met him, he was still smoke-free with a new skill acquired.
    ps. It also works a charm on the ladies - shows you're in touch with your feminine side and all that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Get a yo-yo and become a master. They started off as a deadly weapon in the Philippines, now think about how good you could get.
    I got one that lights up and relearned all the classics. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

themadchef wrote: »
    Wonder is he still off them? :D

It's one of the hardest things about stopping smoking, the idle hands...

3 days will see a huge improvement if ya can stick it AMC. Hands in your pockets and play with yerself till then ;)

Willpower 0 Tobacco 1

Fcukin' lovely.

\nestles back into armchair with rueful yet contented smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Snowie wrote: »
    write that screen play you always wanted to write, that'll keep your fingers busy :cool:

& then perform with finger puppets.

Advertisement