Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Tyre Kickers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

tyre kicker?? Is that someone who kicks the tyres on a car to check if it runs ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭Archeron

I was half expecting that link to be for glow in the dark led shoelaces. Its that time of day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

danniemcq wrote: »
    tyre kicker?? Is that someone who kicks the tyres on a car to check if it runs ok?
    Its someone who comes out to buy a car, kicks the tyres, has a chat then goes home. In a broader sense someone who pretends to have interest in a product or service just out of noseyness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

Its someone who comes out to buy a car, kicks the tyres, has a chat then goes home. In a broader sense someone who pretends to have interest in a product or service just out of noseyness.
    I'm a tyre kicker so. I come down, see the car, it might be alright but I spot one thing I don't like and I walk off. I have a chat because I'm not an arrogant bastard, but I also don't have to tell you what I dislike. Mainly because I don't wanna waste my time for listening crap about "how much I'm mistaken and how great car it is". Also, to avoid abuse for being a "tyre kicker".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Old Tom wrote: »
    I'm a tyre kicker so. I come down, see the car, it might be alright but I spot one thing I don't like and I walk off. I have a chat because I'm not an arrogant bastard, but I also don't have to tell you what I dislike. Mainly because I don't wanna waste my time for listening crap about "how much I'm mistaken and how great car it is". Also, to avoid abuse for being a "tyre kicker".
    And you do this regularly? With no intention in buying a car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Living2Die

Old Tom wrote: »

You know those fuzzy pink dice you see in the cars, they can be easily removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Saw this on Adverts.ie
    http://www.adverts.ie/office-furniture/free-desk-collection-only/1217118

Everyone comments asking if its sill availible no more interest.

What's your worst tyre kicker experience?

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

adverts is full of trolls, absolute nightmare to sell something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I thought this was going to be a thread giving out about the Garda Traffic Corp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

"If only twas Blue" after twenty five minutes going through the mill with the F**ker......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had a watch for sale ages on adverts, people just posted to ask
    "is it still available?"
    "yes"
    "..."

Not sure why people do this but there's probably some psychological explanation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Adverts.ie Seller: I have a rare first edition of the Lords of the Rings signed by J.R.R Tolkien, I'm looking for €150 for it.

Adverts.ie Buyer: I offer €7

Adverts.ie Seller: Sorry, way too low.

Adverts.ie Buyer: I offer €8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Living2Die

Adverts.ie Seller: I have a rare first edition of the Lords of the Rings signed by J.R.R Tolkien, I'm looking for €150 for it.

Is it still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I misread, thought it said knickers :o

My bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Exactly. It's a brutal system.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Swap for something in my ads? Sperm perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Clearly state you don't want swops on adverts.ie and you'll still have chancers offering all sorts of junk when all you want is a cash sale

Time wasters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Adverts is full of ****...not a good place to sell most items. It just seems to be a place for morons to think out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Offer €9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

His mistake is giving it away. People are more focused when they have to pay for something.

My old man had a caravan he tried to get rid of and had the same crap for weeks. I told him to put it up for €250. By the end of the day he was rid of it and had €200 for his trouble. People are weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

I sold and gave away a few things on adverts, where I very quickly learned the lesson that if something is free it has no value, and therefore will attract all sorts of freetards, who want it because it's free, not because they want it, and therefore can't be bothered to collect or meet, and probably couldn't even be around in if you offered to deliver.

Then of course there was the guy that went to great lengths to rip me off by doing origami with 5 euro notes to make them look like 20s, saved himself a whole 10er - miserable cnut.

Having said that everyone else I dealt with on adverts were sound.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

CD Burner available. Bic brand. No swops. €2.50 :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

OldGoat wrote: »

Still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

swap for 1994 honda accord tail light, and money my way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pabzzz

Ultime Tyre Kickers

FaceKicker got bored of faces and moved on to tyres :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Offer Sony Walkman that hasn't worked since the eighties but you may like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's an Buy&Sell section on Facebook for our area and we have one eejit who trolls it all the time.It's a great service but this cnut just wastes peoples time,it's gotten to the stage that ads are posted asking people to ignore her.I had some stuff for sale & of course she was first to respond,I never replied.

Her latest ad is offering child minding services,I know her & her family and wouldn't let her mind a pet rock let alone something living.Your child would have to be deloused,powerhosed and get counselling after her minding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

There is no understanding of the word 'Firm'

Asking Price €500

"Offer - €100" :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

:)yes tyre kicking is an ancient art on these shores....

what you do is..
    • have a cigerette* in the corner of your mouth
    • you look away from the seller,
    • look down to the ground,
    • have your arms folded,
    • snort & cough a few times (to look hard),
    • whilst occasionally kicking the tyres......during this time you are haggling the price with the seller making outrageous low offers just to size him up.
    • when he refuses, say things like "ah your an awful man"
    go to any forecourt in the country and you see it happening all the time esp in culchie areas

*non smokers consider taking up smoking for the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

Swap For some old cheese in my ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

Bubbles will never die!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I kick the tyres on my own car sometimes. Just to remind it who's boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I've seen it for €9.99 signed by Tolkien and Peter Jackson here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Maby moderators should be stricter with obvious timewasters, makes the site look unprofessional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

dazberry wrote: »
    Then of course there was the guy that went to great lengths to rip me off by doing origami with 5 euro notes to make them look like 20s, saved himself a whole 10er - miserable cnut.

thats genius, i'd say you felt like a chump!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

chrismon wrote: »
    Maby moderators should be stricter with obvious timewasters, makes the site look unprofessional.
    Or maybe any discussions should be taken off-line like regular classified websites. It holds no value to have deals done in public and only attracts trolls.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

dazberry wrote: »

How many times do you have to fold a grey note until it becomes blue? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I normally only go on adverts if I know exactly what I want and exactly how much I want to spend.
    No messing about, offer the asking and pick it up a few days later.

Advertisement