Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Bars Chews

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Mine arrived last week, (I ordered them from https://www.antlerdogchews.co.uk/index.php) Got them posted to work and everyone had a good laugh at them as they have festive bells attached for the silly season :)

I ordered one large normal one for my gir (7 yr old lab x) and she loved it! Gave it a good old chew, made a nice little dent in it. I took it from her as she'd made her gums bleed a little and she was delighted again to see it the next day and sat outside in a sunny spot gnawing away.

I wasn't worried that she would like it. The ultimate test would be the 2 lazy Shih tzus for which I ordered 2 of the small easy chews. I was pretty sure this would be a fail but gave them to them and all I can say is wow! Both are rescues and the male is missing a few teeth but he duly stuck his bum in the air, grapsed it with his two front paws and went to town on it. His owner couldn't believe it.

The other Shih tzu is a little old lady who had a very hard life, I suspect she came from a puppy farm and only since her rescue in February is learning little by little how to be a dog. She had 8 rotten and broken teeth removed 6 months ago and I've never seen her chew a thing but she happily gummed/gnawed her easy chew and managed to get some of the tasty inner part out.

Their owner was so impressed with their reactions that she's now going to get some for the other dog owners in her family. So I think they are definitely worth a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Toulouse wrote: »
    Mine arrived last week, (I ordered them from https://www.antlerdogchews.co.uk/index.php) Got them posted to work and everyone had a good laugh at them as they have festive bells attached for the silly season :)

I ordered one large normal one for my gir (7 yr old lab x) and she loved it! Gave it a good old chew, made a nice little dent in it. I took it from her as she'd made her gums bleed a little and she was delighted again to see it the next day and sat outside in a sunny spot gnawing away.

I wasn't worried that she would like it. The ultimate test would be the 2 lazy Shih tzus for which I ordered 2 of the small easy chews. I was pretty sure this would be a fail but gave them to them and all I can say is wow! Both are rescues and the male is missing a few teeth but he duly stuck his bum in the air, grapsed it with his two front paws and went to town on it. His owner couldn't believe it.

The other Shih tzu is a little old lady who had a very hard life, I suspect she came from a puppy farm and only since her rescue in February is learning little by little how to be a dog. She had 8 rotten and broken teeth removed 6 months ago and I've never seen her chew a thing but she happily gummed/gnawed her easy chew and managed to get some of the tasty inner part out.

Their owner was so impressed with their reactions that she's now going to get some for the other dog owners in her family. So I think they are definitely worth a try!

Just ordered my boy an extra large from Santa paws off this site because of your recommendation, which means I have Santa paws finished \o/ :D.

Hope he likes it now! All 3 dogs in my review are still loving theirs!

Toulouse wrote: »
    Hope he likes it now! All 3 dogs in my review are still loving theirs!

Fingers crossed anyway, he's good like that though, never leaves anything sitting loves his toys and chews.

So the stag bar came today, it was smaller than I though it would be, it's an extra large so just something for people to keep in mind when they are ordering. It was supposed to be from Santa paws but I couldn't wait and let him smell it to see what his reaction would be. He then promptly stole it and ran up the stairs and spent a good hour chewing it.

Also I got a £5 off voucher for a friend to on the site, don't think I know anyone who would be interested so ill post the code up here in the next day or so, it may as well get some use :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Could u pm me the code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I bought one in a shop... my puppy doesn't like it..
    I think it's too hard and heavy for him.. he tries a bit and then leave it there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

jsabina wrote: »
    I bought one in a shop... my puppy doesn't like it..
    I think it's too hard and heavy for him.. he tries a bit and then leave it there..

He might take to it when he starts teething?

yep maybe.. he is 12 weeks so probably too early :P
    let's see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

https://www.antlerdogchews.co.uk/index.php

How long do they take to deliver?? If I ordered today would they be here by friday do yu think?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

How long do they take to deliver?? If I ordered today would they be here by friday do yu think?? :)

Maybe, I think I ordered mine on a Wednesday and they got here on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Mine is gone. I have no clue where he put/hide it. I've searched all over the garden and nada.

gregers85 wrote: »

You could use parcel motel if you're worried? I order a part for the car at lunchtime the other day and it was at the parcel motel depot the next day - that was just with 1st class postage not next day or anything fancy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Josie's arrived today. She wasn't interested at first so I soaked it in some veggie stock. It only softens it slightly but she's had the lightbulb moment and is happily gnawing away on it now!

Have one put aside for my brother's dog for Christmas so we'll see how that goes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Shadow got his two Fridays ago in the post, it was a massive success! I've never seen his primal side so strong as with this thing! :D
    Only issue Ive had to date is that we have hardwood floors and it makes an ungodly racket being dragged along and dropped on the floor! I got him the medium one (didn't want to pay big in case he didn't like it) and he's gnawed 1mm off the smaller end in 12 days. He will leave it and come back to it, but usually I see him with it for about 3 hours a day, split up at about 30 mins at a time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Where in Dublin can these be bought?

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Where in Dublin can these be bought?

I bought them in the pet shop in blanchardstown shopping centre..

I bought them in the pet shop in blanchardstown shopping centre..

Thanks. petstop?

Yep, they have the PureDog ones in the Blanch shopping centre. Pet Stop Superstore I think it is called!
    If you go in, say hello to the parrot at the back. He also loves to have the side of his neck scratched and will say goodbye when you go :p

• Advertisement

yep petstop right!
    Uh I've never said hallo to the parrot! I ll do that next time! nice! :P

yep petstop right!
    Uh I've never said hallo to the parrot! I ll do that next time! nice! :P

My OH had to drag me out, I spent twenty minutes in there scratching his head while he cooed at me and he kept screeching BYE BYE!! every time I walked away, so naturally I went straight back :D

Finally got one for Lex (a large one) the small dogs are gone until Christmas day so I can I leave it with her all day or better not to?

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Finally got one for Lex (a large one) the small dogs are gone until Christmas day so I can I leave it with her all day or better not to?

Mines just left on the floor and Shadow goes at it whenever he feels like it. I pick it up once a day to clean it off though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

tk123 wrote: »
    An update - decided to try these easy chews instead of the stagbars - https://www.antlerdogchews.co.uk/puppy-and-easy-chews
    My bold boy is only interested in the ones with the big roundy marrow bits on the end - once that's gone we're left with a water long piece he doesn't want! Anyhoos there was a voucher with the order :) - £5 off your first order with the code VCH105667

Thanks for the code.

Ordered 3 of the Extra Large one's, £15.84 delivered, considering just 1 XL one in Petstop was 14euro(i think) that's a great deal

Was in the pet shop in Blanch earlier and they've got loads of stagbars in - wasn't that many last time I was in. Very happy with the easy chew - he has a chew on it every day and still going strong.

She LOVES it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Ordered new Stagbars from puredog.co.uk last week for my 3 dogs. They arrived today (just in time for xmas) - but this time I got the Jumbo sized ones (12.98 stg) and blooming hell they are brilliant. They are really big - as in thick -and resemble big marrow bones and there is loads of marrow in them. Way better than the last ones I got - and the guys absolutely love them - they will probably last a year:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

maggiepip wrote: »
    Ordered new Stagbars from puredog.co.uk last week for my 3 dogs. They arrived today (just in time for xmas) - but this time I got the Jumbo sized ones (12.98 stg) and blooming hell they are brilliant. They are really big - as in thick -and resemble big marrow bones and there is loads of marrow in them. Way better than the last ones I got - and the guys absolutely love them - they will probably last a year:D

Here is a pic - Molly has claimed two:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

I've just come upon this thread, really interested in getting one for my dog. What size would I need for a lab X sheepdog shes a heavy chewer!

Advertisement