Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decree Absolute

• 17-04-2012 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, would anyone know how to obtain a copy of my decree absolute , (1993) from England .I got rid of all my papers years ago and the passing years have meant that , that period of my life is a blur . I googled it and companies were looking for hundreds of pounds for the service . Am hoping to be able to get it myself but am unsure where to start . Thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Can you remember the solicitor who looked after your divorce or the court that granted it? These would probably be the best place to start. Is there any chance you could ask your ex if he has a copy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

You should be able to apply for a copy from the Central Index.

More info on that HERE.

All the best, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 machineman

Many Thanks , I downloaded the form from the link and posted it away at weekend . I couldnt remember all details but they said to fill in as much as i could . It costs £60 sterling for a certified sealed copy , that we would need in republic .They will search to find the court we used etc . I hope to hear back in about 2 weeks . Thanks again .

Advertisement