Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident's Parking Permit Query

Options
  • 17-04-2012 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

*Please move to more suitable Forum if available. T.y.

My Resident's Parking Permit is taking absolutely ages to be processed and I've been on the phone to them about it and they just keep telling me it takes a number of weeks, but the thing is, - in the interim I've been given a few Parking Fines! I live here like!! I'm not taking up a car-park space for the fun of it!! Once they have my name and new address details logged like and waiting to be processed or whatever, well that should excuse me from fines in my opinion. Does the Council not have a method to eliminate Resident's that are waiting on Permits so that they won't get fined, because the thing is - I'm thinking once the fine has been issued there's no way they can retract it? :confused: So like what am I supposed to do??!! Is there somewhere I can appeal a fine? Another thing as well is that the payment of the Parking Permit fee doesn't go through until the very end of this ridiculous long-winded un-necessary process so that probably gives them a bit more time to slap a fine on ya too!! :rolleyes: What kind of a money-making-scheme is this turning out to be like??!!! :eek: But anyways that's a Thread for another day lol. But to get back to here and now, anyone know how and / why once you've given in your details etc., and filled out all the forms of your intention to park here that they don't assume it for what it is that Residency is taking place and a parking spot be availed of by resident, and for the Council to take my car reg. off their system or put it onto the system so that I'll be deemed as a Resident or whatever way they work it but basically for me to not get fined into the bargain!! Absolute madness!!!!

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where are you located? But yeah it does take a long time to get your first permit.

Advertisement