Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to get a Visa for New York ???

Options
  • 17-04-2012 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Basically I really really want to go travelling in a years time. I can get a student working Visa for America, just wondering is there any other way of obtaining a working Visa as my bf is not a student. He's training to be a pilot and goes over and back to Florida for training etc, if this helps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Will he be finished training by then? He can try for a work visa, if he can find an airline to hire him, but it will be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

If your BF is attending an accredited school in the USA he can get a work permit after graduation I believe.

But I'm guessing he's just using the cheap florida avgas prices and good weather to build hours and train for certain procedures before completing his training in Ireland right?

Either way he can check with the flight school he's attending to see whether he'd be eligible.

Advertisement