Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the human centipede

• 17-04-2012 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭

Wtf anyone see that freak fest last nite on syfy,jaysus what sick maniac thought up of that movie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

He is a Dutch filmaker, right sicko... and he's made another too. Apparently it's a lot worse and was banned in a few countries I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

jaysus i`ll have to look out for that one, me poor missus is really disturbed after watching that last night.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

it's on netflix,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Cant understand the fuss about this film. Its a crap film. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

yup it's no serbian film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

The second one is so much worse.

I'd love to punch Tom Six. Not because hes sick, but because he is such an arrogent arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Yeah If you thought the first one was bad check out the second vile i tell ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

ya tis a ****e film...its just that its so god dam deranged..that man must have some serious issues......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've seen the first one, just happened to come upon it one night while channel surfing. It's sick but for some reason I watched all of it. Not sure if I want to see the sequel tbh. Curiosity as to how much more sick it is might just make me take a peek at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Human Centipede isn't all that shocking. Sure, the central concept is disgusting but Tom Six commits a much more deplorable crime, and that is making a **** film. It's a stupid, incompetent mad scientist film and nothing more: its complete lack of competence makes any potential shocks seem rather mild IMO. Ask yourself: is your disgust at the concept or the film itself? There's a handful of moderately nasty bits, but basically the film has one 'joke' and that's all it has to offer.

There are many films that have left me far more shaken, and have done it in ways that justify the extreme material. Irreversible, Visitor Q, Audition, Martyrs, Inside, arguably even Antichrist (although the quality of that one is up for debate): all break taboos with a force The Human Centipede doesn't have, and actually go out of the way to be excellent films too.

So yes, the concept of a human centipede is an inherently sickening one. But Tom Six lacks the insight, directorial skill or sense of humour to craft anymore than a sub-mediocre farce of a horror film.

That said, the meta-commentary behind the sequel - a character who finds sexual satisfaction from watching a DVD of the first film - is almost witty enough to persuade me to give it a go. Then I remember how crap the first film was, and just watch something good instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Why do syfy keep showing this ****, are they going to be showing the sequel as much when they get it. Its an offensive movie, with a discusting central premise.

Bring back harmless croctopus or whatever they stuff they usually show is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Why do syfy keep showing this ****, are they going to be showing the sequel as much when they get it. Its an offensive movie, with a discusting central premise.

Because, almost everytime they do show it, someone starts a thread here about it and how disgusted they were by it. Which, to me, suggests that people keep watching it and talking about: somewhat logical reasons for showing a film over and over.

The much more appropriate question is: why do people keep watching it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

allanb49 wrote: »
    yup it's no serbian film

Also a sh1te movie, death by erect penis in the eyeball, laughable stuff.

HC2 is way worse, contains the delighful sight of a baby having its skull graphically crushed and other stuff, its gore with no reasonbehind it other than for the sake of trying to be controversial

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Oh my God after one of ye mentioned "A Serbian Film" I looked it up on Wikipedia and read the plot. Seriously what kind of a sick individual thinks up a story like that, and even more so what kind of a sick actor would take a role in a film like that!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

mcmacness wrote: »
    Oh my God after one of ye mentioned "A Serbian Film" I looked it up on Wikipedia and read the plot. Seriously what kind of a sick individual thinks up a story like that, and even more so what kind of a sick actor would take a role in a film like that!? :eek:

It's not real :o. And I think the actor is fairly well known in Serbia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just read the plot of 'A Serbian Film' on wiki. Jesus Christ. I heard of the film before and was gonna give it a watch at some point but no rutting way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The difference between The Human Centipede and A Serbian Film is one is surprisingly well acted and shot, while the other is a harmless b movie whose bark is worse than its bite.

THC isn't a great film, but it's also not the gore fest that the plot suggests. It's a really tame b movie that I actually enjoyed just for the sheer stupidy of it and the villian being hilariously ****ed up. "FEED HER!!!" is something shouted alot in our home.

A Serbian Film, however. Wow. There is something that will never leave my mind no matter how much I want it to. And my God I wish Incould forget some of those scenes, esecially the climax (For want of a better word.) It is just vile and so unsettling, and not in a "Oh man you gotta check this movie out its sick!" kind of a way, but in a "I'll pay you to not watch this film" kind of way. The biggest shock though is, it's really ****ing well shot and acted. Honestly the direction is excellent and the lead pulls in a brilliant performance. I know that instantly sounds ****ed up to say, but it's the truth. Take away the subject matter and you'll find it hard to fault the technical levels of this film.

I dunno if I want to see THC 2, because it just seems like excessive violence just for the sake of it. I love my gore and guts but only when it either serves a purpose (Ichi The Killer or Cannibal Holocaust) or is there for stupid fun (Braindead), not because the director wants to offend everyone.

Brendog wrote: »
    The second one is so much worse.

I'd love to punch Tom Six. Not because hes sick, but because he is such an arrogent arsehole.

My sentiments exactly.

Because Syfy in Europe is one of the worst stations on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The concept is fairly horrifying, but it's so badly executed that it's laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

It's not real :o.

Exactly. i lost interest in those kind of films years ago.

they're for the kids.

:rolleyes:

on the other hand i remember catching freakshow mondo stuff like faces of death years ago long before the advent of certain sites.

sad, sad, sad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Isnt most of Faces OF Death fake though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I sooo want to see this and the sequel, just out of curiousity tbh! i love freaky as fcuk movies mostly :D
    Anyone tell me where i can get this, shop like? ive looked about the main places like HMV etc but no luck :(
    Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

krudler wrote: »
    Isnt most of Faces OF Death fake though?

yeah, but the animal suffering is real and not very pleasent to watch.

krudler wrote: »
    Also a sh1te movie, death by erect penis in the eyeball, laughable stuff.
    Spoilers FFS! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just read wiki bout a Serbian Film .....what the ****!! how did that even get made :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Just read wiki bout a Serbian Film .....what the ****!! how did that even get made :O

A Serbian film is crap tbh,have a look at Salo.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

To be honest there are probably much worse films out there. I thought it was decent but ridiculous all the same, particularly the death by dícking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Enter The Void was the last truly disturbing film i've seen. The "Vagina Cam" part was hillarious though, you couldn't not laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Good News, Everyone! Human Centipede Part 3 (Final Sequence) is due out on May 22 ... and they've gone meta. The linked article contains plot spoilers, such as they are.
    A warden of a 500-inmate prison has seen the movies, and it's given him some ... ideas.
    :eek:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

ahem..try Grotesque....was banned for a while also...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grotesque_%282009_film%29

I stopped after about 30mins...

Advertisement