Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge bird gais bill

Options
  • 17-04-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just got a bord gais bill through the door for over 500 euros, my units have more than doubled in the last 8 weeks. This cannot be right, they are both actual readings but in the last 2 months I have actually being trying to decrease my usage. Called bord gais and they can't help as they don't take the readings

Tried to open the box to check it myself but I have to get a key from the hardware shop,it sounds like a fault with my meter.there is no way I could use over 2600 units in 2 months? Can I get someone out to check it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

bridal wrote: »
    Just got a bord gais bill through the door for over 500 euros, my units have more than doubled in the last 8 weeks. This cannot be right, they are both actual readings but in the last 2 months I have actually being trying to decrease my usage. Called bord gais and they can't help as they don't take the readings

Tried to open the box to check it myself but I have to get a key from the hardware shop,it sounds like a fault with my meter.there is no way I could use over 2600 units in 2 months? Can I get someone out to check it?

Units don't speed up, they only slow down over time.
    Get the Key and compare the meter reading to the Actual reading.

Submit your own readings every month, dont wait around for Bord Gais to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

Tried to open the box to check it myself but I have to get a key from the hardware shop

You can order a key for free from Bord Gais :

http://www.bordgaisnetworks.ie/en-IE/Your-Meter/Meter-Readings/Request-A-Meter-Key/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It is possible the meter was mis-read and you may only have 260 usage instead of 2600?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bridal

Thanks so much everyone, got the key and measured the units. They are nearly 2000 units out.not sure how they got it wrong, quite worrying really but I rang in the correct one now and the bill has reduced from 513 to 160 euros! Thank god for that key, everyone should have one!

Advertisement