Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

international drivers licence ?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hi in australia and new zealand do i need to get a international drivers licence cert from the aa? i was reading that your licence needs to be in english if its allready not . does this affect having a irish licence with english/irish text on it ?
    sound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

jamiecoins wrote: »
    hi in australia and new zealand do i need to get a international drivers licence cert from the aa? i was reading that your licence needs to be in english if its allready not . does this affect having a irish licence with english/irish text on it ?
    sound

Irish & English doesn't affect it, once it has English on it.
    You don't need a international cert, just your Irish licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cullend2

Am i right in thinking that your Irish licence is acceptable for 1 year from date of entry, and after that you have to get a local licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

cullend2 wrote: »
    Am i right in thinking that your Irish licence is acceptable for 1 year from date of entry, and after that you have to get a local licence?
    What state and what visa?
    Only have to swap if on permanent visa and usually within a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cullend2 wrote: »
    Irish license is valid as long as you are in the country on anythign other than a PR visa.

Advertisement