Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meridian Point Parking - Pay By Visa?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hello,

A quick question. I have to collect a large parcel from Greystones Post Office today/tomorrow but have no cash at the moment!

Can you pay to park in the Meridian Car Park by Visa card?

Thanks all in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Not sure.

Park at park and ride and walk.

There is no minimum charge for on street parking and 30c should cover the short time you will require for the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

DD9090 wrote: »
    Not sure.

Park at park and ride and walk.

There is no minimum charge for on street parking and 30c should cover the short time you will require for the post office.

Hopefully the Post Office will let me spilt the parcel, as it's about 16kg of car spares, including drive up ramps and I'll have 2 kids under 6 with me!

Talk about hands full!

I'll probably park at the park and ride, good idea and convince the PO to look after the half empty box for 10 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hopefully the Post Office will let me spilt the parcel, as it's about 16kg of car spares, including drive up ramps and I'll have 2 kids under 6 with me!

Talk about hands full!

I'll probably park at the park and ride, good idea and convince the PO to look after the half empty box for 10 mins!

Meridian is free for 10 or 20 minutes as far as I am aware. You collect ticket as normal going in and when you are coming out put ticket through machine and there will be no charge. You can ask the guy in the office at the entrance to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Meridian is free for 10 or 20 minutes as far as I am aware. You collect ticket as normal going in and when you are coming out put ticket through machine and there will be no charge. You can ask the guy in the office at the entrance to confirm.
    Spend €10 in Heatons (on your credit card) while there? They will validate the card for you

There does not seem to be a grace period, I parked in Meridian Point (a friend gave me a lift - as parcel was parts to fix my car!!) and was about 5 mins in the Post Office as parked right opposite the walkway.

On exit the machine asked for €1, so can assume the grace period is 5 mins or less. Certainly it is not 10 mins as I was the only person in the PO and the parcel was waiting for me.

But at least the rather large box was collected without putting my back out struggling down the street with it.

Cheers all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

There is a 15min grace period, but you don't validate your card!
    I do it all the time when I've got to pick sometime up. Just drive in do what ever you have to do, and as long as your leaving before the 15mins are over you just put your ticket back into the exit barrier and it lets you out.
    If you go to validate your ticket they will charge you the €1.

I suppose they have to do this in case somebody drives in and can't find parking so they can't drive back out without have to pay anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

stevenf17 wrote: »

I suppose they have to do this in case somebody drives in and can't find parking so they can't drive back out without have to pay anything!

I heard it was the Greystones Theatre/Studios worked it out so that parents could pick up their kids from dance/music/drama classes without having to park and pay. It benefits the car park too by easing congestion during those times. I would guess the Meridian centre's merchants also want this so as not to alienate customers who only need to pick up something quick. Funny how it isn't advertised, though...

I do it all the time when I've got to pick sometime up. Just drive in do what ever you have to do, and as long as your leaving before the 15mins are over you just put your ticket back into the exit barrier and it lets you out.

Ah, i'll remember that next time! Bit late now..lol, but that's not your fault. That's just me being a law abiding citizen and paying €1 for 6 mins of parking!

It's just like being back in London!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I'm almost sure there are a few times I have parked for a good couple of hours, got my ticket stamped at heatons and instead of validating and paying for anything over an hour in the machine I have put it straight in the gate and had it open for me. Not done it for a while so don't know if this has changed.

Advertisement