Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteering in local charity shop

• 17-04-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm going to talk to someone in the Laois SPCA charity shop today about doing some volunteers shifts. Not sure if I'm in the right place but I was just wondering if I need to contact the social welfare? I'm on Job Seeker's Allowance at the moment. I wouldn't be getting any money from this but I don't want to trip myself up with payments etc.

Thanks.

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Volunteering and social welfare requirements from volunteer.ie suggest you need to fill out an application form. Link here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 knockadoon

You need to get permission from your local welfare officer to volunteer (as you also need to demonstrate that you are genuinely seeking work). They will give you a VW1 form which the group you wish to volunteer with will fill in. This is then approved by your local deciding officer in Social Welfare. Sometimes the deciding officers have very "strange" views of what is volunteering so you may have to deal with that also.

Advertisement