Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam- Broadband/TV options

Options
  • 17-04-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi,
    What are the best broadband/TV options available in Tuam (town centre)?

I'm looking for basic TV channels and good broadband speed.
    I'm guessing NTL is the best but they are offering TV,broadband and phone line for €66 per month. Its a bit too expensive for what i need. (also i don;t need a phone line).

Thanks
    /B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

bauney wrote: »
    Hi,
    What are the best broadband/TV options available in Tuam (town centre)?

I'm looking for basic TV channels and good broadband speed.
    I'm guessing NTL is the best but they are offering TV,broadband and phone line for €66 per month. Its a bit too expensive for what i need. (also i don;t need a phone line).

Thanks
    /B
    Unless Tuam has cable your going to need a phone line. I would avoid mobile connections, they're a bit pricey for what you get. If your looking for basic channels get a saorview box and choose your broadband supplier separately. Vodafone have a decent package but it's phone and internet only €45 for 8mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I have imagine wimax for broadband €25 and phone €10 per month.

The broadband is the basic package with unlimited download and suits me fine.

Phone includes free calls to landline numbers in Ireland and the UK.

First three months are half price, ie €17.50

I recently left Eircom because they're a shower of over-charging ........

Haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

ScumLord wrote: »
    Unless Tuam has cable your going to need a phone line. I would avoid mobile connections, they're a bit pricey for what you get. If your looking for basic channels get a saorview box and choose your broadband supplier separately. Vodafone have a decent package but it's phone and internet only €45 for 8mb.

I found Vodafone terrible in Tuam myself.

OP it depends on what TV service you want.
    Saorview no good to me but it definitely suits others.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Why not just get a UHF aerial for a tenner, and a sat dish for €50 and have a saorview and freesat set up. You will need to buy set top boxs if yer tv doesn't support.

I have this set up and have no monthly bills and more or less the same channels as the basic NTL package.

For Broadband, well we have Eircom NGB at home but that's not much use to you though. Im on the Three Network and their 3G coverage is excellent,never have any dropouts of signal, and i dont have any issues with congestion. Three could be a good option, they have decent MiFi options?

Advertisement