Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White HiAce?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Town centre this morning, white van crawling slowly along the street.
    Looked suspicious. Anyone noticed anything else funny around the town?
    Don't want to say too much in case I'm misguided but as always people should be on the watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

D rog wrote: »
    Don't want to say too much in case I'm misguided but as always people should be on the watch.
    White hiace floating about Bothar brugha yeasterday D reg i had a lot of tools on board he was having a good snoop,definitely a light fingered cnut on the prowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭D rog

Feck, I thought maybe I was being mean spirited but looks like I'm correct.
    This as well as some funny car swapping stuff- which again might not be anything- and I'm a bit concerned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

gvandownunder2.jpg

On a serious note, do you have a full or partial reg no?

CPL 593H

The one I seen was a D reg but he was defo after my gear, had a diesel genny kango consaw whacker all on the back of the wagon he had a good look the 2nd time but when I walked towards him he fooked off if he comes back I will block him in and ask him what the fook he wants.

Friend of mine heard about a scheme down the country in a rural area, if you see a strange/suspicious vehicle you text a number if 3 or more texts come in about the same vehicle they text everyone on the list inc the Gardai so everyone is more vigilant and the garda swoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

macadam wrote: »
    Friend of mine heard about a scheme down the country in a rural area, if you see a strange/suspicious vehicle you text a number if 3 or more texts come in about the same vehicle they text everyone on the list inc the Gardai so everyone is more vigilant and the garda swoop.

That was on Dragons Den and they tore those two lads asunder. It should still be on RTE Player if you want to watch the public grilling they got !

• Advertisement

It was also an old 'D' reg, with a male and female couple in the front.

Today's check in was the pillow sellers. Every week or two, typically on a Wednesday and Friday a man and some children are knocking on every door selling pillows.

So far this week there has been something suspicious every day. It's really starting to grate as we wouldn't even have anything worth taking, we'd be more concerned about safety. People, really, keep a watch out not only on your belongings but on elderly and vulnerable neighbours too.

Macadam, I'm only a street over from you, so seems like they are checking out the specific area.

I was up park view and there is a lot of elderly people about this area, back tomorrow will keep a good eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Did ye let your local Garda Station know - colour, make, model, reg, description of occupants.

If they are not detained otherwise they will probably have a look in the area, but even if they are busy they can note it and if anything happens in the area or the same vehicle is repeatedly being reported they will be able to follow it up further.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Can you let the rest of us know which town this was in ?

Also do you know the year and if so let us know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It was also an old 'D' reg, with a male and female couple in the front.

Today's check in was the pillow sellers. Every week or two, typically on a Wednesday and Friday a man and some children are knocking on every door selling pillows.

So far this week there has been something suspicious every day. It's really starting to grate as we wouldn't even have anything worth taking, we'd be more concerned about safety. People, really, keep a watch out not only on your belongings but on elderly and vulnerable neighbours too.

Macadam, I'm only a street over from you, so seems like they are checking out the specific area.

Saw them last friday on donore rd. no white van they got out of a light blue car, to be honest haven't seen the travellers..... that's who they are... doing the whole the blankets and pillows pitch in a long time.

• Advertisement

280special wrote: »
    Can you let the rest of us know which town this was in ?

Also do you know the year and if so let us know?

Sorry it's Drogheda town, thought my name would have helped ;)
    I didn't get the year but it was an ould banger.
    It seems to be an on going thing now as the pillow sellers are the same people, and no one in the area has changed so I wish now they'd just leave us alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

In our estate we get plenty of 'notifications' of white vans patrolling around. I'm told that are very friendly and just looking for scrap metals (and in fact there have been teams of kids with trolleys loaded with metals exiting the estate towards a white van and adult in waiting.

However, there are those who may just see an opportunity and decide to cross a line and enter an open window or try a door or two.

We have also recently seems teams of whie vans dropping off kids who claim to be selling raffle tickets. Sent packing! A total scam. It's bad that children are being used to expoite people. Watch out for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Was just in cherrybrook, Marion park area.

00D99106

Did you get a look at the occupants, wonder was it the same one?
    was it a bit of a banger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Yeah an old banger, got a good look at them too.

Advertisement