Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grade query

Options
  • 17-04-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to work this out.. I want to know what % or grade I have for 40% of my course -ie what I am going in to the exam with. I know I should be able to work this out by my mind is blank.

1st subject
    Mid term assignment worth 30% - grade B - calculation point 65.00
    Attendance worth 10% - grade A+ - calculation point - 78.33

2nd subject
    Mid term assignment worth 30% - grade B+ - calculation point 68.33
    Attendance worth 10% - grade A - calculation point 75.00

ah procrastination!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Anyone know how to work this out.. I want to know what % or grade I have for 40% of my course -ie what I am going in to the exam with. I know I should be able to work this out by my mind is blank.

1st subject
    Mid term assignment worth 30% - grade B - calculation point 65.00
    Attendance worth 10% - grade A+ - calculation point - 78.33

2nd subject
    Mid term assignment worth 30% - grade B+ - calculation point 68.33
    Attendance worth 10% - grade A - calculation point 75.00

ah procrastination!

1st subject.

.65 * 30
    +
    .7833 * 10

Total: 27.33

2nd subject.

.6833 * 30
    +
    .75 * 10

Total: 27.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

WeeBushy wrote: »
    1st subject.

.65 * 30
    +
    .7833 * 10

Total: 27.33

2nd subject.

.6833 * 30
    +
    .75 * 10

Total: 27.99

Great thanks!

No problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 marthamartina

I am not sure if you can help but my GPA is 2.92 which is a 2.2 but I have one semester left before I finish my degree and I was wondering what grades I need to get in my exams to get a 2.1 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

I am not sure if you can help but my GPA is 2.92 which is a 2.2 but I have one semester left before I finish my degree and I was wondering what grades I need to get in my exams to get a 2.1 thanks

It'll all depend if your degree is only based on your final year, or if it takes others into account. And of course it'll depend on the weightings between the years.

Assuming it's all final year, to get a 2:1, you need a GPA of 3.08 or above. Sooo... if you average that up, you're gonna need on average, at least 3.08 in Semester 1, and at least 3.08 in Semester Two. That's 6.12 in total for the year, minus the 2.92 which you already have, so you're gonna need to get a GPA of 3.2 in Semester Two, which is a B- average. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

What degree are you doing and does you GPA of 2.92 include your Semester 1 results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Genral rule of thumb is a average grade of B- for a 2.1

You could get away with C+ in everything (afaik) but if you get one D you'll miss the 2.1

Aim for B's and you'll be fine. (easier said than done, I know)

I am in my final year, it was worth 50 percent last year,
    In Sem one - 2.34
    In Sem two - 2.8
    In Sem three- 3.3

I am just unsure what grades i need to get to pull it up to a 2.1, someone was saying I need all As and Im just hoping that they have it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

So your current GPA is 2.81 and you need 3.08 to get a 2.1

You would need a GPA of about 3.9 in your last semester which is between an A- and an A to get a 2.1. which is between 70 - 75% in all of your exams to scrape it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, 3.88 to be precise. Basically means you need half As, half A- to get it, and anything slipping down will need to have something else pulling it up - Half A+ and Half B+ would do it as well, like.

Time to hit the books with a vengeance!

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help,

I have 2.92 at the moment,
    So when you say half As and half Bs

Do you mean 3As and 3B+ (sorry for being annoying, im just in a panic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I mean either:

3A & 3A-
    3A+ & 3B+
    2A+ , 1A, 1A-, 2B+
    etc.

O gosh looks like alot of study, thanks for all your help :)

Advertisement