Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dominos Pizza - Buy one, get 2nd for 21cent

• 17-04-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Running until Thursday. Buy one pizza get the 2nd for 21cent to celebrate 21 years in Ireland. Large and medium pizza only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

I thought it was buy one get one free on tuesday, do you now have to pay 21c for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Steven81 wrote: »
    I thought it was buy one get one free on tuesday, do you now have to pay 21c for it?

Yes you have pay 21c for the second Pizza, still a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Steven81 wrote: »

That was 2 for 20?

Surely this is 2 for 10.21 (if you go for 3 or 4 toppings), or am I completely wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Vanbis wrote: »
    Yes you have pay 21c for the second Pizza, still a great deal.

Especially if you like man boobs and aim to wear XXXL size clothing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Access wrote: »
    Especially if you like man boobs and aim to wear XXXL size clothing! :D

That's just duurty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Leeg17 wrote: »
    That was 2 for 20?

Surely this is 2 for 10.21 (if you go for 3 or 4 toppings), or am I completely wrong?
    You are completely wrong.

The cheapest medium pizza is €12 (cheese and tomato) and the cheapest large pizza is €15.

Most of their decent pizza's are €18 for medium and €21 for large. I would never get a domino's unless their is some sort of deal going, they a re just too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I just ring up and say I have voucher for BOGOF - delivery guy never asks for voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Dominos, some rip off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I just ring up and say I have voucher for BOGOF - delivery guy never asks for voucher.
    Good tip i must try it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Leeg17 wrote: »
    That was 2 for 20?

I thought it is/used to be "2 for Tuesday"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

If you are shopping at Dunnes, pick the bill at the end of your purchases and turn around to see the ads, almost every time I see that there is a Dominos "buy one and get one free pizza" coupon. At least in Galway I get it every time. I call in Dominos and tell them that I have the coupon, they give me the discount, but most often don't collect the coupon off you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

just buy apache - 7.99 for 9in, 9.99 for 12in or 15in. any pizza, all the time.
    works out cheaper than dominos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

We get two large pizzas (12") for 20e just mention you're a student, we got a 12" with 3 toppings collected for 10e individually before..

Edit:

boards_5.png

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

Mizzonis have 16.5" pizza for €10. They have the offer on all the time but they don't advertise it regularly. Just ask before you order is a 16.5" pizza €10 and they'll say they are :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kumar_aq wrote: »
    If you are shopping at Dunnes, pick the bill at the end of your purchases and turn around to see the ads, almost every time I see that there is a Dominos "buy one and get one free pizza" coupon. At least in Galway I get it every time. I call in Dominos and tell them that I have the coupon, they give me the discount, but most often don't collect the coupon off you.

I have some of these and they are for large pizzas only, still a good deal I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

All I need now is someone to say that the box it comes in cost more than the pizza did to make and I can call house on the latest takeaway pizza thread bingo

Average cost of a large dominos pizza, including all overheads (wages, ovens, rent, etc), costs about €2.20 to make. Thats a staggering profit.

Pizza hut are no better, charging €24 for a large pizza themselves.

There is no bargain alert when it comes to pizza delivery. BOGOF is still even a rip off.

source for the dominos €2.20: other half worked there on phones for 4 years. They hired Irish girls to work the phones but all foreigners (including managers) to work the ovens/deliveries/etc. Awful company who treat their staff terribly with awful wages for their income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

I dont recall giving out any vouchers, they must be fake.! Anyway I'm not for sale ,voucher or not.

bogof wrote: »
    I dont recall giving out any vouchers, they must be fake.! Anyway I'm not for sale ,voucher or not.

oh the lulz.

even when combined with a large pizza though, youre still a rip off... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Africa wrote: »
    Average cost of a large dominos pizza, including all overheads (wages, ovens, rent, etc), costs about €2.20 to make. Thats a staggering profit.

There is no bargain alert when it comes to pizza delivery. BOGOF is still even a rip off.

source for the dominos €2.20: other half worked there on phones for 4 years. They hired Irish girls to work the phones but all foreigners (including managers) to work the ovens/deliveries/etc. Awful company who treat their staff terribly with awful wages for their income.

Thats a terrible generalization, I have 7 friends that basically staff the whole of one shop. All irish, two are girls and she makes the pizzas and does the phones.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    Thats a terrible generalization, I have 7 friends that basically staff the whole of one shop. All irish, two are girls and she makes the pizzas and does the phones.

While that is impressive, that must be a unique thing, and i would be suprised if its the Ballymun branch and not somewhere down the country. Its common in a lot of shops and take aways these days to have irish voice on the phone and low paid foreign staff doing everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Noone is forcing you to order one... Not all of us can buy shop made pizza (I myself can't eat cheese so Dominos/Pizza Hut customise mine)

I like a treat of a pizza from time to time. I don't find this deal a bargain but they do have decent offers.

I find it amusing to see what you are complaining about, with a user name like you have!!

While that is impressive, that must be a unique thing, and i would be suprised if its the Ballymun branch and not somewhere down the country. Its common in a lot of shops and take aways these days to have irish voice on the phone and low paid foreign staff doing everything else.
    Nope, mainly locals here as well, delivery drivers and all.

Vahevala wrote: »
    Noone is forcing you to order one... Not all of us can buy shop made pizza (I myself can't eat cheese so Dominos/Pizza Hut customise mine)

I like a treat of a pizza from time to time. I don't find this deal a bargain but they do have decent offers.

I find it amusing to see what you are complaining about, with a user name like you have!!

Thats racist.

And was informing of the actual lack of bargain about any take away pizza. Enlightening those in the dark. If you want to stay in the dark, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Thats racist.

And was informing of the actual lack of bargain about any take away pizza. Enlightening those in the dark. If you want to stay in the dark, so be it.

:rolleyes:

If I want to stay in the dark and you calling me a racist?

Coming from the person claiming Pizza places have foreign workers? Hell the company I work for are multinational and have lots of foreign staff.. terrible isn't it :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Do Domino's do thin base Pizza??

If I want to stay in the dark and you calling me a racist?

Coming from the person claiming Pizza places have foreign workers? Hell the company I work for are multinational and have lots of foreign staff.. terrible isn't it :pac::pac:

well you missed the point...

madmoe wrote: »
    Do Domino's do thin base Pizza??

Yes, they do :)

• Advertisement

Yes, they do :)

Any recommendations....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Random wrote: »
    just buy apache - 7.99 for 9in, 9.99 for 12in or 15in. any pizza, all the time.
    works out cheaper than dominos!
    But Apache don't put any toppings on their pizza, i had one last week and was shocked with the lack of toppings, if i'd have paid for it myself I'd have asked for my money back.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

But Apache don't put any toppings on their pizza, i had one last week and was shocked with the lack of toppings, if i'd have paid for it myself I'd have asked for my money back.

Gave in and ordered two Domino's thin base this evening cause of the promotion....savaged the two of them and only 1 slice left ;-) Very easy to devour the thin base ones!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Complete bull. Youre saying that each store has a profit margin or approx 90%
    Where oh where are all the pizza millionaires

The cost of INGREDIENTS may be very little, but rent, wages and franchise costs are far higher than you realise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 lolz90

Having worked in a dominos for a number of years I can safely say that €2.20 would not cover the cost. Staff wages would generally account for 20-25% of overall takings alone.

There are always deals in dominos. You could buy a large pizza for €22 for example, but at the same time you could get the same large pizza, a garlic bread, potato wedges and 2 cans for €19.99. Ask for the best deal when your placing your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Why is it every fecking pizza thread on Bargain Alerts descend into the profit margin on them?

Get a grip people!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Why is it every fecking pizza thread on Bargain Alerts descend into the profit margin on them?

Get a grip people!

Well said sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

To highlight the issue, surprisingly many people are still completely blind to it. I have to hand it to the marketing scum, they have loads of people convinced they are getting good value.

I finally opened the eyes of a mate of mine the other night.
    Pizza hut 11.5" spicy chicken pizza €18, vs the local chipper €18 for 4 large chips, southern fried chicken -2x breasts, 3xfull wings, 3xdrumsticks, 2xthighs. 10pieces it weighed a ton! and that is not an offer BTW
    The cost of INGREDIENTS may be very little, but rent, wages and franchise costs are far higher than you realise
    Correct, that local chipper also does pizzas & has overheads, if they worked on the same profit margins based on ingredients then a similar 11.5" pizza should be costing just a bit more than a southern fried breast which is €3

If people continually were posting in about half price takeaway pints of milk reduced from €10 to €5 in some Michelin star restaurant you would see similar repeated warnings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

rubadub wrote: »
    To highlight the issue, surprisingly many people are still completely blind to it. I have to hand it to the marketing scum, they have loads of people convinced they are getting good value.
    D'ya honestly think anyone who is a fan of pizza read that it costs €2.20 to make (or whatever).. and says "ah sure, feck it.. I'll have a snack box (with questionable chicken) instead".

People aren't naive.. it's "good value" in terms of what'd you normally pay for the same pizza!

Let's leave economics and profit margin out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

D'ya honestly think anyone who is a fan of pizza read that it costs €2.20 to make (or whatever).. and says "ah sure, feck it.. I'll have a snack box (with questionable chicken) instead"
    I honestly do think many will think twice if they bother to consider it, most people are not overly picky and it would be a toss up between chinese, indian, chipper, pizza. When you point out the comparison of what you can get for the same price it really opens peoples eyes.

€18 medium 11.5" pizza is about the same feed or less than a 3 piece breast/thigh/wing €7 dinner box, and when you consider the ingredients cost less I believe it could make people think twice about giving the cheeky bastards any business.

If you are a genuine big fan of pizza check out your local chipper or italian takeaway, they are usually half the price of these pizza chain chancers, and often nicer.

People aren't naive.. it's "good value" in terms of what'd you normally pay for the same pizza!
    I think many people are naive, they fall for these bogus offers all the time. Look at the amount of crappy deals on those groupon type sites screaming about how much is off. The "what you'd normally pay" bit is part of the marketing scam, people who know the price of everything but the value of nothing are suckered into these 'deals'.

Several pubs are doing 3 bottles for €10 now. I have ordered pints and barmen telling me about it and looking at me like "your loss" if I continue to get a pint instead, the same with mates saying "ye eejit did you not see the sign! 3 bottles for a tenner". But that works out at €5.73 per pint! They have overvalued the bottles simply because they are usually getting away with charging so much.

Here's 2 articles on bogus wine & turkey offers
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2006/aug/14/business.consumernews
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072301/Half-price-Tesco-turkeys-cheaper-price-rivals.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Im not sure why people would buy pizzas separate anyway ? All the deals are usually better!

Firehouse Ballymun

€22 - Large pizza, 2 x wedges, Garlic bread, chicken dippers & 1.25l Drink.

Dominos Finglas

€20 - Large Pizza, Wedges, Garlic bread & Cookies

PHQ Finglas

€20 - Large Pizza, Garlic bread, Wedges, Chicken breast pieces & 1.25L drink.

Mizzoni's Santry

€19.50 - 16.5" Pizza, Buffalo Wing combo, Garlic bread & 2L Drink

Apache Finglas

€20.10 - Large Pizza, Two Sides, Two Drinks & Dessert.

There the deals just around my area.... So im not quite sure why you picked a medium pizza from pizza hut when you could have picked there main deal which i would enjoy alot more than chips & chicken.

• Advertisement
Advertisement