Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone unlock

• 17-04-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

So I am thinking of getting an iphone but do not want to be tied to a 24 month contract! I have been with meteor for ages so would like to stay with them.

What I am thinking of doing ( if my sums are correct) is buying an iphone 4s pre paid on o2 with 10% discount code so works out at 522. Then buying the sim offer online with meteor that gives a rolling 1 month contract with 200 mins and texts as well as 1gb of data. this is 20.33 a month

From what i can make out getting the 4s on meteor costs 49 upfront with 24 months of 45.66 giving total cost over 2 yrs of 1129e. Going the o2 route 2 yrs would cost 1010e saving me 119e and meaning I am not tied down to a long contract either.

So I was wondering is it easy to unlock the o2 phone so i could put my meteor sim card into it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

So I am thinking of getting an iphone but do not want to be tied to a 2 month contract!

Where can you get this 2 month contract that you speak of?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

darokane wrote: »
    Where can you get this 2 month contract that you speak of?;)

Sorry i meant 24 month:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Nope it's not easy.
    If you are buying pre pay on o2 you have to top up by a certain amount before they unlock it foe you (think it's about €150)
    Your best just spending the money and buying it pre pay save you a lot of hassle and time.

Or else buy it straight from apple - open sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

TBH i'd buy an iphone 4 from apple

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone/iphone4
    Get your rolling meteor sim and then wait until the iphone5 comes out later this year
    There's feck all difference between the iphone 4 and 4s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Iphone 5 is rumored to be out in Aug/Sept your prob best waiting till then..

Give you plenty of time to save and buy one straight from apple :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Maybe i should hold off and buy stay with my crap phone for the time being! Btw can the phone be unlocked easily if jailbroken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Btw can the phone be unlocked easily if jailbroken?
    Not a new 4 or 4S as it will have the latest baseband and firmware, only very old iphone 4 basebands are unlockable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Buy the phone direct from Apple, save yourself alot of time and hassle, only really old basebands can be unlocked and I think that the gevey sim insert doesn't work anymore either.

Advertisement