Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for PAL SNES hyperspin themes. Can anyone help?

• 17-04-2012 12:11pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for PAL SNES main menu and system themes for Hyperspin. Any of the themes i can find on the hyperspin forums only have NTSC SNES or Jap Famicom hardware on them, or are generic ones with Mario, Donkey Kong etc and no console.

I know i can create them with hypertheme, but I don't have the photoshop software or a PC powerful enough to run it on at the moment, and have no time to work on them anyway, so I thought i would ask if anybody had made/found any european ones they might be willing to share which featured graphics of the PAL hardware.

These are the ones I'm using at the moment. Any improvement on them would be very welcome.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=158

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

NTSC SNES or Jap Famicom hardware on them

Proper order.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Proper order.

Maybe technically, but all my mates playing the cab would know the PAL hardware, and i'm more going for the "nostalgic, games from your teenage years" feel on my cab. For the same reason I've changed the "genesis" artwork to "mega drive". I just can't get my hands on the artwork to do the same for the SNES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Super Famicom is identical to a PAL Snes though...

EnterNow wrote: »
    The Super Famicom is identical to a PAL Snes though...

Yeah, there's a theme for that but the logo is wrong, obviously. If i have to go the theme editing route, that one will probably be my starting point, but i was hoping to see if anybody had one already made that might save me some work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yeah, there's a theme for that but the logo is wrong, obviously. If i have to go the theme editing route, that one will probably be my starting point, but i was hoping to see if anybody had one already made that might save me some work.

No PAL specific themes on the FTP server, just replacing an image in a theme is fairly straightforward though.

• Advertisement

No PAL specific themes on the FTP server, just replacing an image in a theme is fairly straightforward though.

Excellent, that's what i was hoping. As you seem to be in the know, can i ask, can i just extract the artwork that corresponds to the "famicom" logo out of the theme and replace it with any other PNG image, or do i have to be careful to size it exactly the same? Do i need to edit the image but keep it the same size?

Also do i just re-pack the theme as a zip archive of the same name or does anything special need to be done with it?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Excellent, that's what i was hoping. As you seem to be in the know, can i ask, can i just extract the artwork that corresponds to the "famicom" logo out of the theme and replace it with any other PNG image, or do i have to be careful to size it exactly the same? Do i need to edit the image but keep it the same size?

Also do i just re-pack the theme as a zip archive of the same name or does anything special need to be done with it?

Thanks

Yes you can replace an image with another one. If you keep it the same size its best otherwise you'll need to adjust the coordinates to cater for the different sized image.
    Thing the caught me out was the themes are uncompressed zip files. You need to use 7zip of similar and set the compression rate to 0 otherwise Hyperspin reports a corrupt zip file.

Yes you can replace an image with another one. If you keep it the same size its best otherwise you'll need to adjust the coordinates to cater for the different sized image.
    Thing the caught me out was the themes are uncompressed zip files. You need to use 7zip of similar and set the compression rate to 0 otherwise Hyperspin reports a corrupt zip file.

Sounds simples enough. If nobody comes through with one they created in the meantime i'll give it a bash once i can get the time. Thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Don't know if you still need it but this is the one I have.

http://i.imgur.com/JCjAh.jpg
    This is a main menu theme

And this is the game theme
    http://i.imgur.com/dJ6Si.jpg
    Files attached

Limericks wrote: »
    Don't know if you still need it but this is the one I have...

Many thanks for this. I did put a couple together from bits and pieces of other themes but they aren't 100% perfect. Yours are much better. You should upload them to the hyperspin forums downloads section, pal themes is something they're missing several of.

They look like they're in 16:9 aspect ratio. Will they work ok on a 4:3 setup?

• Advertisement

Many thanks for this. I did put a couple together from bits and pieces of other themes but they aren't 100% perfect. Yours are much better. You should upload them to the hyperspin forums downloads section, pal themes is something they're missing several of.

They look like they're in 16:9 aspect ratio. Will they work ok on a 4:3 setup?

I didn't create the theme I just came across it on my travels :)

It's should work with 4:3 as I think hyperspin scales the themes, the pictures are from my 16:9 desktop.

It's should work with 4:3 as I think hyperspin scales the themes, the pictures are from my 16:9 desktop.

I tried these out last night. They worked superbly, and scaled to 4:3 no problem.

Many thanks once again :)

I don't suppose you have any good Sega Megadrive ones (as opposed to Sega Genesis)? The ones i have at the moment are MegaDrive, but they're not the best quality.

This is the one I am using at the moment.

Main menu theme:
    http://i.imgur.com/KqKGe.jpg

And the game theme:
    http://i.imgur.com/w239M.jpg

Also here is the wheel image I use for the mega drive just in case you need it:
    http://i.imgur.com/3RN0L.png

My media folder for hyperspin is over 100gb now so let me know if you need anymore art, most of that 100gb is videos though! Altogether im hitting the 500gb mark for hyperspin and still not finished!

Files attached

This is the one I am using at the moment.

Excellent, thank you. I had seen that theme, but hadn't found it anywhere. I will probably edit out the "what nintendont" bit of it, it's a bit obscure for my liking. I get the joke, but don't want to have to be explaining it to anyone playing the cab who doesn't.

"you see twenty years ago, there was this sega ad....." etc.:rolleyes:

Apart from that it's ideal.

I'll send you a PM re a couple of vids i'm missing. Thanks a million, once again.

Excellent, thank you. I had seen that theme, but hadn't found it anywhere. I will probably edit out the "what nintendont" bit of it, it's a bit obscure for my liking. I get the joke, but don't want to have to be explaining it to anyone playing the cab who doesn't.

"you see twenty years ago, there was this sega ad....." etc.:rolleyes:

Haha yeah I left it there for my own nostalgia reasons! I even had it edited out at one stage for the benefit of keeping it unencumbered but decided to leave it as I chuckle when I see it!

Advertisement