Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dandy Warhols. Vicar Street - April 18th

Options
  • 17-04-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

Juts thought I'd stick this here for any Dandy Warhols fans that didn't know they are playing tomorrow in Vicar Street.

I only found out about it yesterday. Seems to be plenty of tickets left. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I suppose they are not that popular anymore.
    I've bought my ticket couple of months ago.
    This will be the fifth time I am seeing them live (4 previous times inGreece, where I come from) . I had a good time every single time - highlight being a 3-hour-long set back in 2003 (I think).
    Been checking recent setlists - half of the songs are from the "Come Down" and "13 Tales from Urban Bohemia" albums. So, I expect this to be a good one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I have never seen them before and really looking forward to it, should be a good show, I think Ham Sandwich are support.

darryn wrote: »
    I have never seen them before and really looking forward to it, should be a good show, I think Ham Sandwich are support.

you are right, just checked Vicar's website. Good support, never seen them live before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

What an amazing gig !!!

Not a huge fan but that was brilliant ! The new album sounds great !

And that keyboardist/bass/solo artist has to be the hottest woman in rock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

What an amazing gig !!!

Not a huge fan but that was brilliant ! The new album sounds great !

And that keyboardist/bass/solo artist has to be the hottest woman in rock :pac:

Was a great gig. I still can't believe they opened with Be-in. I'll die happy now.

• Advertisement

what a f***ing amazing concert!!!!!
    agree with Tommyboy2222 that the new songs sounded great live!!
    And the people went crazy in some of the oldies!!!!
    I was in such a state of euphoria after the concert that I went and bought one of the t-shirts, although they were not super great (I'd love a t-shirt with the "welcome to the monkey house" album cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Indigo55

I see this a day too late!! any one have a set list?

Indigo55 wrote: »

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-dandy-warhols/2012/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-3bde6ca0.html

this is what setlist.fm gives and looks pretty accurate. (not sure about the last one, after Country Leaver the lights went up and music started playing so I left)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Indigo55

deadly, thanks! Maybe I'll catch them next time :rolleyes:

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Indigo55 wrote: »

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-dandy-warhols/2012/vicar-street-dublin-ireland-3bde6ca0.html

this is what setlist.fm gives and looks pretty accurate. (not sure about the last one, after Country Leaver the lights went up and music started playing so I left)

They finished with a Rolling Stones number.

And then Zia sang a song on her own .

Should have hung on for a few more minutes !!!!

• Advertisement

They finished with a Rolling Stones number.

And then Zia sang a song on her own .

Should have hung on for a few more minutes !!!!

jesus, you're killing me. . .

jesus, you're killing me. . .

Apologies ;)

You caught 95% of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

Had to leave before the lights came on, so I take it they weren't messing when they said at the start of the show that they were gonna play for two and half hours?

Had to leave before the lights came on, so I take it they weren't messing when they said at the start of the show that they were gonna play for two and half hours?

Yeah they finished up around half 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

How were Ham Sandwich?

CWF wrote: »
    How were Ham Sandwich?

I was impressed actually. 8 people on stage, it seemed really crowded on stage. Very good singer - both her voice and her physical presence are amazing!!
    Didn't know much about them, but I will definitely check them out further!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I was impressed actually. 8 people on stage, it seemed really crowded on stage. Very good singer - both her voice and her physical presence are amazing!!
    Didn't know much about them, but I will definitely check them out further!

They are one of the best Irish live acts around.
    It's like a party ever time they play!

Check out their album 'White Fox'. Some fantastic tracks on it if you enjoyed the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Awesome, that's good to hear. I love Ham Sandwich. I saw them live a few months ago in the Academy and they were amazing, Podge really knows how to get the crowd going and I could look at Niamh ALL day.

Advertisement