Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly Kid Joe

Options
  • 17-04-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭

Any fans on here?

*tumbleweed*

*crickets*

Whoa, tough crowd! OK, so they were dismissed as a 'novelty' band with the name and image but their material is So Damn Cool (sorry). Still regularly blast out 'America's Least Wanted' and 'Menace To Sobriety'.

Plus, an EP on the way and an appearance at Download :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Your not alone! I still love both of those albums, especially Menace To Sobriety, it has some amazing riffs on it!! Brings me back to a nostalgic place in time also. Would love to see them play over here, would be there in a heartbeat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

My favourite UKJ song - adjust volume to maximum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Old enough to remember "everything about you" before it was associated with waynes world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Old enough to remember "everything about you" before it was associated with waynes world.

When I was doing my leaving and used to come home from school for lunch, this song was on MTV every lunch time between 1-1:30 for months on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

My favourite UKJ song - adjust volume to maximum

Ah man!! I love that song!! Reminds me of a young wench who i was with at REM in 95 when they played Slane, ah the memories......damn her for being so cold 3 days later!! How dare she!!!.....ahem...sorry Flashback. All the songs on that album are great my other favourite one would be Clover.. oo or God, awesome tunes! So gona listen to that now!! woop woop!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

great band - brings me back to my beavis (or was i butthead?) days, 'Neighbor' was personally my favourite song-

I remember them supporting Bon Jovi in the 90's in the RDS and setting up a water slide on stage and Whitfield Crane milling the other band members out of it a few times as he was skidding up and down on it - would love to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Savage band alright. I haven't listen to them in years, though. Time to get reacquainted with their stuff via youtube.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

What's Crane up to now? Last time I seen him was with Probot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Are you the guys that HATE everything?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

Met them (well 3 of them) in Fibbers the night before the Bon Jovi show in 1995. got backstage passes and some signed promo's for Milkmans son and Tomorrow World from them . Great lads, would love to see them back over here in a small venue. They'd have a similar sized following as say Mr.Big so a Button Factory show would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Ugly as they wanna be -great album

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ian the bassist

I would consider myself a fan. I haven't listened through all of their stuff. But I liked most of their greatest hits album. And I would definitely see them if they came over for a gig. But I can't see that happening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Yes, I was a fan. Have all their albums and loads of their singles. I kinda lost interest in them as quickly as I liked them. I haven't put any of their stuff on my ipod. Maybe I'll stick a CD on again and see how I feel after all these years.

I'm pretty sure I seen them in Dublin in 96ish as support for Bon Jovi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

My first album was Americas Least Wanted! I was 13! Don't think i'd listen to it now days but i loved it at the time.

UKJ to support Alice Cooper on his October UK tour!

*Ned Flanders-type squeal of delight*

http://www.livenation.co.uk/event/319729/alice-cooper-s-halloween-night-of-fear-tickets

Advertisement