Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EU grant for bigot marches

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

LordSutch wrote: »
    No, I am not an Irish Republican.
    you're not even irish ffs, if memory serves me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Does this mean that the OO are European Unionists now?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

You must have a ****e memory or you don't know what you're talking about. Votecounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

votecounts wrote: »
    you're not even irish ffs, if memory serves me.

Your memory is not serving you, read post#32 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

When you say bigot do you mean Protestant or British or both?

Speaking of chips and shoulders. Somebody evidently can't separate their Britishness from their bigotry and is hilariously wondering is an attack on their anti-Catholic bigotry an attack on their Britishness. You couldn't invent this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Bizarre. Dont know if I'm more confused by the grant or by the apologism here. Speaking as a protestant from south Dublin who says things like "Boxing Day" and all. The Orange Order doesn't strike me as a positive representative of anything. I'd think that most right-minded Unionists in Northern Ireland would feel the same way.

If they wanted to give compensation to a community, surely there was a better agent there to do so :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

How much did the EDL get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Bizarre. Dont know if I'm more confused by the grant or by the apologism here. Speaking as a protestant from south Dublin who says things like "Boxing Day" and all. The Orange Order doesn't strike me as a positive representative of anything. I'd think that most right-minded Unionists in Northern Ireland would feel the same way.

You're entirely correct in this. Most of my Protestant friends in the North despair at the image of their community projected by the OO bigots.
    If they wanted to give compensation to a community, surely there was a better agent there to do so :/

Nail on head.

Most of my Protestant friends in the North despair at the image of their community projected by the OO bigots.

Bizzarely, I would tend to agree with you on this point, as I already stated in post#80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Well done to the EU for this. It will be put to good use by the Orange Order and our people. A big year coming up too.

• Advertisement

The Orange Order is a huge positive for thousands of Protestant people all over Ulster. You really have to live in Ulster to realise just how much work they do in the community for the Ulster Protestant people and the events they host in communities all over Ulster.

It is the same old nonsense spouted about the Orange Order on here from people who really need to get over the constitutional argument and the war. Perhaps when that is achieved, people can allow a different people from themselves their own culture and celebrations.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Well done to the EU for this. It will be put to good use by the Orange Order and our people. A big year coming up too.

I trust the EU money will be put to good use, and as long as OO actions dont deliberatey antagonise 'the other side' then I hope they do march into the future, (providing of course) that they leave the old antagonistic ways behind and concentrate on a new cross community relationship.

The Orange Order is a huge positive for thousands of Protestant people all over Ulster. You really have to live in Ulster to realise just how much work they do in the community for the Ulster Protestant people and the events they host in communities all over Ulster.

It is the same old nonsense spouted about the Orange Order on here from people who really need to get over the constitutional argument and the war. Perhaps when that is achieved, people can allow a different people from themselves their own culture and celebrations.
    But the celebrations are about the defeat and subjugation of Irish Catholics. They march down streets in Nationalist Catholic areas, banging drums to celebrate that. The mind boggles at the notion that this sort of behaviour is ok.

It's a victory march at the end of the day. Saying it's a cultural celebration for protestants is along the same lines as saying a neo nazi march is a cultural celebration for white people.

Since I've fulfilled Godwin's Law now, I'll keep going with it: Why don't British people march through the streets of Berlin banging drums celebrating Allied victory in WW2. Surely that was a major achievement, well worth celebrating? Or maybe that is unthinkable and would be atrocious behaviour.

Personally I'd question the integrity of the orange order in general community work too. They appear similar to the Knights of Columbanus and the Masonic Order in that regard. I think these organisations are more about gaining advantages for their members and their private agendas. Not so much about contributing to the community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

there's lots of organisations in the republic that are bigoted as well....

the GAA, the Ancient order of Hibernian, opus dei, not so long ago you had the catholic boy scouts of ireland...we're not exactly perfect down here either

But the celebrations are about the defeat and subjugation of Irish Catholics. They march down streets in Nationalist Catholic areas, banging drums to celebrate that. The mind boggles at the notion that this sort of behaviour is ok.
    This is a post which tells me you don't know the facts and just listen to the propaganda and the myths and make up your mind based on that. The vast majority of Orange Order parades don't march past "Nationalist areas" at all.
    It's a victory march at the end of the day. Saying it's a cultural celebration for protestants is along the same lines as saying a neo nazi march is a cultural celebration for white people.
    And the point is? Are you talking about the 12th of July? And if you are, then I don't see what point you are trying to make. A people on this Island celebrate the victory which is supported by the Irish president. At the end of the day, it is all well and good Irish Republicans moaning about it but when the Irish President holds garden parties for it and talks to the Orange Order, then I don't think they have much of a leg to stand on.
    Personally I'd question the integrity of the orange order in general community work too. They appear similar to the Knights of Columbanus and the Masonic Order in that regard. I think these organisations are more about gaining advantages for their members and their private agendas. Not so much about contributing to the community.
    I would not. The Orange Order holds many events for local communities in terms of fund raising, charity work, helping the youth in those communities with youth projects.

All in all I sometimes wonder what exactly people moan about. Is it the Orange Order or is it is the Ulster Protestant traditions in terms of celebrations with bands and festivals and so on. It is a complete irrelevance to me anyway because just take the Order away and you will still have band parades and festivals for the people from the Protestant community in Ulster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    Do you think its bigoted that the Catholic church only lets Catholics join?

Its obviously not. So neither is it when a Protestant religious organisation only lets Prods join

The speeches are anti catholic in a doctrinal sense. They are reformists after all. The other things you've mentioned there are due to hatred in the loyalist communities

Were the orange order to disappear tomorrow the loyalist bands and those hateful supporters with the KAT slogans you mention would go on. I'd speculate the membership for the order is reflective of hatred rather than its cause

Also what you've left out of the thread is this 900K is not for marches. Its for Protestant victims of the troubles.

Personally I don't think it a good idea to distribute these grants along religious lines. However for whatever reason they're doing it I think the OO would probably be the best group to use for managing the fund. If it were done by the borough councils it would become a political nightmare.

You won't see any objection to this from SF I suspect. Afterall the EU fund the IRA museum in south armagh.

Really is a shame the SDLP aren't the main nationalist party.
    I think they'd actually have to come up with some nationalist or republican politics before that happened. They are the definition of watery fence sitters.
    fryup wrote: »
    there's lots of organisations in the republic that are bigoted as well....

the GAA, the Ancient order of Hibernian, opus dei, not so long ago you had the catholic boy scouts of ireland...we're not exactly perfect down here either
    The GAA??? :confused:

You know the cup the all ireland football winners get? You might be interested to find out what religion the bloke its named after was.

Also whens the last time you saw the AOH or Opus dei marching down streets in the south? They're more or less defunct as we've all moved on from giving two ****es about religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Speaking of chips and shoulders. Somebody evidently can't separate their Britishness from their bigotry and is hilariously wondering is an attack on their anti-Catholic bigotry an attack on their Britishness. You couldn't invent this stuff.
    Oh yeah I've actually been accused of being racist in the past for merely speaking positively of Irish people. Seriously. So ingrained in the identity and self image of some is the cultivated hatred against the Irish that even saying nice things about them qualifies as "racist" to this warped perspective.
    helping the youth in those communities with youth projects.
    Is this like that time they blockaded a catholic school and were hounding young girls down the road with abuse and threats?

Ye are the Taliban of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

And the point is? Are you talking about the 12th of July? And if you are, then I don't see what point you are trying to make. A people on this Island celebrate the victory which is supported by the Irish president. At the end of the day, it is all well and good Irish Republicans moaning about it but when the Irish President holds garden parties for it and talks to the Orange Order, then I don't think they have much of a leg to stand on..

That would be the ex Irish president of Donegal/Ulster Presbyterian stock would it Keith ?

No great surprise there so !

HoggyRS wrote: »
    The GAA??? :confused:

You know the cup the all ireland football winners get? You might be interested to find out what religion the bloke its named after was.

Also whens the last time you saw the AOH or Opus dei marching down streets in the south? They're more or less defunct as we've all moved on from giving two ****es about religion.

ya sam maguire, with a name like that everyone thought he was a catholic

the GAA always had sectarian/political overtones

• Advertisement

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Oh yeah I've actually been accused of being racist in the past for merely speaking positively of Irish people. Seriously. So ingrained in the identity and self image of some is the cultivated hatred against the Irish that even saying nice things about them qualifies as "racist" to this warped perspective.

Is this like that time they blockaded a catholic school and were hounding young girls down the road with abuse and threats?

Ye are the Taliban of Europe.
    The Taliban are about to win the war in Afghanistan, so what exactly are you saying? This is just silly and adds nothing to the debate in regards to the Orange Order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

ya sam maguire, with a name like that everyone thought he was a catholic

the GAA always had sectarian/political overtones

You can't blame the GAA for sectarianism existing in the north. Its disgusting that he was taunted for his religion but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete in the article that the attacks were linked to those who taunted him. These attacks could of come from any part of society for any reason.

Anyway I don't think its the GAA's fault in general. I've come across sectarian comments playing rugby against northerners as well as attending matches as recently as last Sunday at the munster vs ulster. I don't blame these views on the IRFU or the Ulster Rugby board, they are the cause of the problem of sectarianism in society in northern ireland, which is fueled by groups like the Orange Order.

And the point is? Are you talking about the 12th of July? And if you are, then I don't see what point you are trying to make. A people on this Island celebrate the victory which is supported by the Irish president. At the end of the day, it is all well and good Irish Republicans moaning about it but when the Irish President holds garden parties for it and talks to the Orange Order, then I don't think they have much of a leg to stand on.

Isn't that about showing goodwill and reconciliation? Not giving a stamp of approval, but rather offering an olive branch. It's not up to the president of the Republic of Ireland to tell Unionists in the North how they ought to behave. It's her job to try to reconcile and ease tensions, and that's what's she's doing. It's genuinely sad if most people take it in the way you do.
    All in all I sometimes wonder what exactly people moan about. Is it the Orange Order or is it is the Ulster Protestant traditions in terms of celebrations with bands and festivals and so on. It is a complete irrelevance to me anyway because just take the Order away and you will still have band parades and festivals for the people from the Protestant community in Ulster.

Grand so. Keep on marching and playing drums and stuff like that, but leave off the whole "Orange" thing and victory celebrations. Maybe hook up with the Artane Band and celebrate the Good Friday agreement or something. Sounds good no?

The Taliban are about to win the war in Afghanistan, so what exactly are you saying? This is just silly and adds nothing to the debate in regards to the Orange Order.
    And he doesn't even deny it!

That takes some beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Orange Order = Ku Klux Klan

but with one small difference the orange order didn't lynch Catholics they got the RUC to do that for them

HoggyRS wrote: »
    You can't blame the GAA for sectarianism existing in the north. Its disgusting that he was taunted for his religion but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete in the article that the attacks were linked to those who taunted him. These attacks could of come from any part of society for any reason.

well they don't help matters do they...with their narrow-minded views on "foreign" sports and ban on members of the security forces not exactly inclusive either are they?

there's bigotry on both sides in the north..its not just on the protestant side as some on this thread are suggesting

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

You wouldn't walk so funny if you threw off that mahooosive chip on your shoulder.

I think you’ll find the only people with chips on their shoulders are the dinosaurs out marching stuck in the 17th century, while the rest of us want to get on with our lives.

on both sides in the north..its not just on the protestant side as some on this thread are suggesting

I have read the whole thread and have yet to find someone suggesting that bigotry only exists on the Protestant side :confused:

and the GAA "ban" on foreign sports doesn't exist anymore

well they don't help matters do they...with their narrow-minded views on "foreign" sports and ban on members of the security forces not exactly inclusive either are they?

there's bigotry on both sides in the north..its not just on the protestant side as some on this thread are suggesting

It's not really that simple. The statistics show there may well be, but they largely show there is a much bigger issue with it in the Protestant community. Their vast support for orangeism would back that up.

Your thing is like to someone saying while there's a lot of racism in Alabama, there's racism all over America. While that may be factually correct, it doesn't negate from the fact that in Alabama it's vastly worse than most other places in the USA. Much the same applies here. The Protestant community, with their marches about age-old religious battles seems stuck in the past and unable to move on. Not all, far from it, but a large section of it.

Auvers wrote: »
    I have read the whole thread and have yet to find someone suggesting that bigotry only exists on the Protestant side :confused:

It's gone over 40 years. Like the orange mutants, some people need to live in 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Met some Orange men in my time. Came accross as quite nice, polite people. Wouldn't trust them though.

People are forgetting the fundamentals here. The OO on this island is just another wierd cult. Bit like fremasons, only more camp.

Let them march, I'm all for free speach. Just don't ask me for tax money. They need curing not encouraging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Met some Orange men in my time. Came accross as quite nice, polite people. Wouldn't trust them though.

People are forgetting the fundamentals here. The OO on this island is just another wierd cult. Bit like fremasons, only more camp.

Let them march, I'm all for free speach. Just don't ask me for tax money. They need curing not encouraging.

And he doesn't even deny it!

That takes some beating.
    You brought up a story which happened nearly a decade ago. The people involved in that have moved on. Perhaps you should move on from it too? It is only a point brought up by people desperate to change the course of the debate.

You brought up a story which happened nearly a decade ago. The people involved in that have moved on. Perhaps you should move on from it too? It is only a point brought up by people desperate to change the course of the debate.
    The Taliban of Europe have no problem bringing up stories that happened 400 years ago laddie.

And you still haven't denied it.

Everyone take a good look at the light this shines on the loyalist factions in the north. The brazen refusal to deny that bigotry, intolerance and racism, even wearing these attributes as a badge of pride. This is where centuries of woefully incompetent administration leaves them, like American Indians when the European settlers started to arrive.

We're going to have some fun untangling that mess when the Republic takes over. I wouldn't be angry at them though, rather pity them in their wretched burrow. Sins of the fathers indeed.

The Taliban of Europe have no problem bringing up stories that happened 400 years ago laddie.

And you still haven't denied it.

Everyone take a good look at the light this shines on the loyalist factions in the north. The brazen refusal to deny that bigotry, intolerance and racism, even wearing these attributes as a badge of pride. This is where centuries of woefully incompetent administration leaves them, like American Indians when the European settlers started to arrive.

We're going to have some fun untangling that mess when the Republic takes over. I wouldn't be angry at them though, rather pity them in their wretched burrow. Sins of the fathers indeed.
    Lets leave the jokes out of the debate.

You don't seem to like Loyalists? Fine but I don't see what that has got to do with the Orange Order which is made up of many different fractions in Ulster. You can use the old racism card if you want. Not only is it factually wrong but completely ignores the Orangemen who are black.

Auvers wrote: »

It's gone over 40 years. Like the orange mutants, some people need to live in 2012.

not talking about the ban...they didn't allow "foreign/brit" sports in croker until 2007..they still have a dim view about letting their grounds open to other sports

Lets leave the jokes out of the debate.
    Keep laughing Keith.
    You don't seem to like Loyalists? Fine but I don't see what that has got to do with the Orange Order which is made up of many different fractions in Ulster. You can use the old racism card if you want. Not only is it factually wrong but completely ignores the Orangemen who are black.
    Its factually right, as I've shown you before. Norn Iron with its Taliban of Europe have made a show of themselves by being the most racist place on record, and I've no difficulty laying that at the feet of the same people who try to intimidate schoolgirls wanting to get an education. Exactly the same tactics used by the Taliban incidentally.

This is a direct result of centuries of british maladministration, working as usual on the theory of "planting" strife among the population with less than no regard for the well being of that population. Unfortunately for you now this has left the dinosaurs in the north as backward hill folk under the glare of the progress of the rest of the world.

Better get your act together, to be honest.

Unfortunately for you now this has left the dinosaurs in the north as bakcward hill folk under the glare of the progress of the rest of the world.

backward hill folk? plenty of backward hill folk in the republic too in fairness

Keep laughing Keith.

Its factually right, as I've shown you before. Norn Iron with its Taliban of Europe have made a show of themselves by being the most racist place on record, and I've no difficulty laying that at the feet of the same people who try to intimidate schoolgirls wanting to get an education. Exactly the same tactics used by the Taliban incidentally.

This is a direct result of centuries of british maladministration, working as usual on the theory of "planting" strife among the population with less than no regard for the well being of that population. Unfortunately for you now this has left the dinosaurs in the north as backward hill folk under the glare of the progress of the rest of the world.

Why are you trying to generalise the whole of Northern Ireland as racist? Are you still basing this on that silly little survey? I also don't think people in Northern Ireland should take moral lessons from anyone in the Republic in regards to ethic or moral issues.

backward hill folk? plenty of backward hill folk in the republic too in fairness
    Yes, that's why we have all those race riots and right wing parties here.

Oh wait.

Now here's what you do next. You say there aren't enough ethnic minorities in Ireland to "inspire" racism. I point out that one in six people in this country were born outside the country, which is a record of some sort. Then you fall back on the old faithful "there hasn't been enough time for racism to flower", to which I respond that the country has been in the doldrums for the last five years, if it hasn't poked its head up by now its not going to. Massive influx of foreigners plus economic troubles = war in the streets in any other country.

After that you can either stop posting or try a different tack, your call.
    Why are you trying to generalise the whole of Northern Ireland as racist? Are you still basing this on that silly little survey?
    Funny how people are quite happy to use computers and the internet while rejecting the results of other uses of science. Yes Keith, the global research done which squarely pointed the finger at northern ireland as the racist and homophobe capital. I wish anyone could say they were surprised.

I mean do you people not realise how you look to the rest of the world? Its shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Why are you trying to generalise the whole of Northern Ireland as racist? Are you still basing this on that silly little survey? I also don't think people in Northern Ireland should take moral lessons from anyone in the Republic in regards to ethic or moral issues.

So everyone in the Republic is void of ethics and morals? You'd did state "anyone".

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    So everyone in the Republic is void of ethics and morals? You'd did state "anyone".
    We can all generalise like Doc Ruby is doing. I think it is the attempt to make the Republic out to be some sort of utopia which some people in this thread aren't buying.

Besides, what on earth this has to do with the Orange Order is beyond me?

We can all generalise like Doc Ruby is doing.
    We can generalise when we have the facts to back it up.
    The Most Racist Country in the Western World

Or homophobic, or xenophobic, or anti-semitic.

It's been said that industrialized nations are becoming more intolerant of foreigners, and a provocative new paper in the August issue of Kyklos tries to quantify just how bigoted Western nations are. (Free version of the paper is here.)

The paper's authors used responses from a question in the Human Beliefs and Values Survey -- a twice-a-decade survey of social and political attitudes around the world -- which asked respondents how they would feel about living next to: People of different ethnicities, Muslims, Jews, immigrants or foreign workers, and homosexuals.

The researchers used these answers as a proxy for bigotry in each country. (The survey took place in 1999-2000).

And the most prejudiced country? Drumroll please...

Northern Ireland with an estimated 44 percent of its population saying they wouldn't want to live next to one of the above five groups took the top "prize."
    This is the result of your "proud traditions."

Well done.
    I think it is the attempt to make the Republic out to be some sort of utopia which some people in this thread aren't buying.
    Funnily enough the Republic won the Economist Intelligence Unit's "Best place in the world to live" a couple of times, so actually, yeah the Republic is a pretty nice place most of the time.

Funnily enough the Republic won the Economist Intelligence Unit's "Best place in the world to live" a couple of times, so actually, yeah the Republic is a pretty nice place most of the time.
    Well it just goes to show you then. I have seen on here many times from people saying the place is a dump and they would leave if they could afford it. So I don't know what exactly this award proves as it doesn't seem to be true.

Well it just goes to show you then. I have seen on here many times from people saying the place is a dump and they would leave if they could afford it. So I don't know what exactly this award proves as it doesn't seem to be true.
    They wouldn't be people like you, would they keith? ;) There's a vocal parish of the nod squad in these parts who would be only delighted to spread their Taliban apartheid to the rest of the country.

Of course there are problems here, as in every country, but on the whole the quality of life is excellent.

In any case I'll take scientific research over random anonymous internet anecdotes any day of the week, if its all the same.

Yes, that's why we have all those race riots and right wing parties here.

Oh wait.

Now here's what you do next. You say there aren't enough ethnic minorities in Ireland to "inspire" racism. I point out that one in six people in this country were born outside the country, which is a record of some sort. Then you fall back on the old faithful "there hasn't been enough time for racism to flower", to which I respond that the country has been in the doldrums for the last five years, if it hasn't poked its head up by now its not going to. Massive influx of foreigners plus economic troubles = war in the streets in any other country.

After that you can either stop posting or try a different tack, your call.

oh i see ....when you said backward hill folk i thought you were talking about rednecks and culchies...........backward hill folk aren't usually associated with skinheads

the one in six that you refer too are mainly eastern european (white & catholic) which suits this country just fine:cool: hence no trouble

They wouldn't be people like you, would they keith? ;) There's a vocal parish of the nod squad in these parts who would be only delighted to spread their Taliban apartheid to the rest of the country.

Of course there are problems here, as in every country, but on the whole the quality of life is excellent.

In any case I'll take scientific research over random anonymous internet anecdotes any day of the week, if its all the same.
    Quality of life is excellent? That doesn't seem to be what I am hearing. Mass unemployment, hospitals struggling, selling of your sovereignty and alleged political corruption. So it doesn't seem to be the great utopia you are trying to portray.

the one in six that you refer too are mainly eastern european (white & catholic) which suits this country just fine:cool:
    There's a few thousand years of European history you might want to take a brief glance at if you think that having the same colour skin prevents racism rising. Or hey. just look at Norn Iron. And there are a huge number of sub-Saharan Africans here too. My neighbours are from Nigeria, and a nicer bunch you couldn't ask for.

not talking about the ban...they didn't allow "foreign/brit" sports in croker until 2007..they still have a dim view about letting their grounds open to other sports

you have that mixed up, that had nothing to do with bigotry

that was for the simple reason that if you played for your local team as a young lad in an amateur game, the holy grail was getting to play in Croke park

so if they let soccer\rugby players play there, it would lessen the privilege of playing an amateur game in the stadium

Quality of life is excellent? That doesn't seem to be what I am hearing. Mass unemployment, hospitals struggling, selling of your sovereignty and alleged political corruption. So it doesn't seem to be the great utopia you are trying to portray.
    Ah poor keith. The disgraceful state of your territory has been highlighted in all its shame, for all the world to see, and the best you can do is point to posts in after hours in an attempt to attack a more enlightened and advanced culture.

I've said it to you before and I'll say it again, you lot badly need to get your act together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Sure l'm an Ulster Orangeman, from Erin's isle I came,
    To see my British brethren all of honour and of fame,
    And to tell them of my forefathers who fought in days of yore,
    That I might have the right to wear, the sash my father wore!

Chorus:
    It is old but it is beautiful, and its colours they are fine
    It was worn at Derry, Aughrim, Enniskillen and the Boyne.
    My father wore it as a youth in bygone days of yore,
    And on the Twelfth I love to wear the sash my father wore.

Chorus

For those brave men who crossed the Boyne have not fought or died in vain
    Our Unity, Religion, Laws, and Freedom to maintain,
    If the call should come we'll follow the drum, and cross that river once more
    That tomorrow's Ulsterman may wear the sash my father wore!

Chorus

And when some day, across the sea to Antrim's shore you come,
    We'll welcome you in royal style, to the sound of flute and drum
    And Ulster's hills shall echo still, from Rathlin to Dromore
    :cool:

Advertisement