Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EU grant for bigot marches

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Here are the contact details for the local numpties responsible for this funding. Feel free to complain to them, and let them know you'll be complaining to the MEPs and commission too:

Email: info@seupb.eu

Email: interreg@seupb.eu

Email: omagh@seupb.eu

The Directorate-General for Regional Policy ultimately oversees this. The Commissioner is Johannes Hahn, and his team can be contacted here: http://ec.europa.eu/commission_2010-2014/hahn/about/team/index_en.cfm
    Of especial interest is Loredana von Buttlar whose brief includes Ireland. Contact here here to complain directly:
    Phone (+32-2) 295.97.74
    Loredana.Von-Buttlar@ec.europa.eu

And this is her assistant's contact details.

Phone (+32-2) 298.73.93
    Marco.Rosini@ec.europa.eu

Let them all know if you are disgusted by this decision to fund the Orange Order bigots, and demand they reverse the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Let them all know if you are disgusted by this decision to fund the Orange Order bigots, and demand they reverse the decision.

Why should I? it's their culture. The unionists try to protest against the GAA and the story would be very different here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Leftist wrote: »
    Why should I? it's their culture. The unionists try to protest against the GAA and the story would be very different here.

You're free to complain or not as you choose. I'm putting the information here so those who choose know to whom to complain.

As for the GAA mcguffin - we covered that back around page 11. Try to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Here are the contact details for the local numpties responsible for this funding. Feel free to complain to them, and let them know you'll be complaining to the MEPs and commission too:

Email: info@seupb.eu

Email: interreg@seupb.eu

Email: omagh@seupb.eu

The Directorate-General for Regional Policy ultimately oversees this. The Commissioner is Johannes Hahn, and his team can be contacted here: http://ec.europa.eu/commission_2010-2014/hahn/about/team/index_en.cfm
    Of especial interest is Loredana von Buttlar whose brief includes Ireland. Contact here here to complain directly:
    Phone (+32-2) 295.97.74
    Loredana.Von-Buttlar@ec.europa.eu

And this is her assistant's contact details.

Phone (+32-2) 298.73.93
    Marco.Rosini@ec.europa.eu

Sounds great, lets take away their money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

KeithAFC wrote: »
    ColHol wrote: »
    But the Orange Order is a sectarian society that discriminates based on religion, thats there own decision and thats where the problem is with regards to this funding that they got. Theres no propaganda/history rewriting involved there at all.

I dont mind if people are members as thats their own decision, but their views are not something which should be encouraged, giving funding to an organisation who actively promote discrimination is a step in the wrong direction
    A Protestant fraternity is wrong? They are entitled to have such an organisation. They aren't illegal. They are perfectly entitled to hold the values they have in a democratic society.I think that is what people need to get over. Not everyone has the same world view as you.
    I think you need to re-read what I said. I have no problem with their right to set up a Protestant fraternity, let them on, however they promote division and exclude a significant portion of the community - which is not an attitude which should be rewarded with public funds.

I'd think the same if it was any other organisation that discriminated based on race, religion, gender etc - im not on some some anti-protestant crusade

• Advertisement
Advertisement