Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Taxi Firm?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi, I don't use taxi's very often, need to get one into town, morning time, I live approx 5-6 miles from town. Any idea which firm is best price wise?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

ingalway wrote: »
    Hi, I don't use taxi's very often, need to get one into town, morning time, I live approx 5-6 miles from town. Any idea which firm is best price wise?

Thanks.

Hackneys tend to be a little cheaper for callout and if there's a few travelling.
    Claddagh if you are on the West, Procabs on the East.

Galway Taxis are very reliable too.

** edited to add, most of the hackneys/cabs will have a set fare, and they are similar enough.

Found almost all good, but will never use Cara Cabs from bad personal and witnessed experience. Won't go into it but PM if you want more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All about the same price afaik. I just use hackney's anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually GalwayTaxis have a little card that give you 2 euro off if your journey is over 8 euro. So I normally get from the Square to Parkmore for 8 euro. Great when the bus fails to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

I use Cara Cabs simply because they have set fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

City Taxis here for me, Very Reliable Service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Thanks all for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

Oran cabs very good for me but it depends where you live i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

You won't go to far wrong so long as you stay away from Big-O IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I was charged €8.65 or €8.45 or something like that by Big-O to go from the Coal pile on Lough Atalia Road to the Huntsman. . . on Lough Atalia Road.

Only last week. And just me in the cab. (I was in a vicious hurry).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Another shout for City Taxis from me. Have started doing set prices which are reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Get the jomaxi with the gadget that changes the traffic lights to green so you will get their faster and cheaper.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/featured-5-slideshow-homepage/taxi-gps-discovered-changing-traffic-lights-in-galway/

Advertisement