Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preventing users from deleting browsing history IE & XP

• 17-04-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I have searched the web for solutions to stop other users from deleting my and co-workers IE history and I found the answer however unfortunately I am missing the level at which I can disable this operation.

I have tried Computer Configuration & User Configuration, then Administrative Templates - Windows Components and the next step is Internet Explorer so that I can turn off "Delete Browsing History" however my computer does not have the Internet Explorer option.

Has anyone got any idea's as to what I can do :confused::confused:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

iamjm wrote: »
    Hi,

I have searched the web for solutions to stop other users from deleting my and co-workers IE history and I found the answer however unfortunately I am missing the level at which I can disable this operation.

I have tried Computer Configuration & User Configuration, then Administrative Templates - Windows Components and the next step is Internet Explorer so that I can turn off "Delete Browsing History" however my computer does not have the Internet Explorer option.

Has anyone got any idea's as to what I can do :confused::confused:

Thanks in advance.

What OS are you running? These instructions work for me, Windows 7, IE9

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iamjm

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that but we are using XP on an old computer. :(

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that but we are using XP on an old computer. :(

XP home or Pro? If home try doing those steps through safe mode, it may not be possible to lock down Home though as iirc its missing allot of Group Policy stuff

Nick

Will do! It's home edition, I'll get back to you tomorrow with the outcome.

Thanks again!

Will do! It's home edition, I'll get back to you tomorrow with the outcome.

Thanks again!

You might be out of luck with XP Home, but you may have access to all the security features in safe mode, good luck :)

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Use Doug Knox' XP Security Console then... not perfect but it might suit your needs.

Just remove access to all "Internet Options". Off course, if there are cleaner applications (i.e. CCleaner) installed on the system, you'll have to add the executable (i.e. ccleaner.exe) to the list of "Disallowed Applications".

It's freeware.

Thanks Torqay

I'll try that!!:)

Advertisement