Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Drummer & Singer looking to Start Band Soon!

Options
  • 17-04-2012 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

Myself & good mate are looking to start a new fresh sound from scratch. We are interested in finding 2-3 musicians to join in on songwriting and original material. We defo need a bass & lead guitar and are open to any independent instruments such as keyboard, synth, violin etc.

We have played together for a year with a previous band & ready to start something new. Not pushed on doing covers (maybe 1 or 2) really want to get into the depths of jamming and writing songs & throwing out the rule book of course. We will be excited to meet interested musicians in an audition/casual get together setup.

Let us know if you are interested

Cheers

Derek & Shane
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Johnatorium

Where in dublin are you based?
    I'm a multi-instrumentalist (is that a word?) in Carlow....play a bit of guitar, bass, synths. Currently doin a bit of song-writing with a singer friend (he plays a bit of guitar and bass too). At the moment, i'm just tryin to re-record some of the tunes i had (have about 10 written). We've got a few electronic/rock tunes on the go (White Lies/Delphic/Sunshine Underground-ish), and a couple more acoustic numbers.

Depending on where your located, and what kind of stuff your into, we might be able to get a bit of a collaboration going.

Where in dublin are you based and whats the age range?

Couple of rough demo's without vocals....
    http://soundcloud.com/underdogsounds

Is this dead and buried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Derek_OBrien88

Is this dead and buried?

No it's very much alive. You got any queries mate? Or sounds you can send on?

No it's very much alive. You got any queries mate? Or sounds you can send on?

Sorry just noticed I was slacking with the reply's. The link to your music is broken? We are located in central Dublin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SeanG17

Hey i'm a guitarist living in Dublin City Center, really looking to get into a new band and back songwriting, if ye wanna meet up for a chat or a jam anytime just PM me...havn't anything to send ye on at the minute but i've plenty of idea's that i'd love to knock out

• Advertisement

Sorry just noticed I was slacking with the reply's. The link to your music is broken? We are located in central Dublin btw

Sorry buddy, i changed the link.....its now http://soundcloud.com/resurrectionman

Have you got any samples yourself? Not sure how well Carlow and Dublin City Centre would work!

Sorry buddy, i changed the link.....its now http://soundcloud.com/resurrectionman

Have you got any samples yourself? Not sure how well Carlow and Dublin City Centre would work!

Good sounds. Maybe more electronic sounding than we're looking. And yes man, I'd love to have a get together but the distance would be a serious drag. Might have to nip this one in the bud.

Cheers

SeanG17 wrote: »
    Hey i'm a guitarist living in Dublin City Center, really looking to get into a new band and back songwriting, if ye wanna meet up for a chat or a jam anytime just PM me...havn't anything to send ye on at the minute but i've plenty of idea's that i'd love to knock out

Great send me your number man & we'll have a chat - derekobrien88@gmail.com

Advertisement