Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus changes

Options
  • 17-04-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭

Dublin Bus have submitted proposed changes to the NTA

Dear Councillor,

As you will be aware Dublin Bus met with your council recently to advise you of changes to services on routes in the North Wicklow area. This follows an assessment of customer travelling patterns following service changes in 2010. A key element of the 2010 changes was the improved service on offer in the area, in particular the Route 145. Since its introduction, the high frequency Route 145 has caused significant changes in customer travel patterns with a migration of passengers from other bus routes in the area (45/45a/84/84x) to Route 145. As a result of the success of the revised Route 145, Dublin Bus is revising the bus network in the North Wicklow area.

Following these meetings a number of adjustments have been made which address the majority of requests, where possible.

In summary the revised network will provide the following benefits:

· Route 145 will continue to provide a high frequency service to Heuston Rail Station
    · A 33% increase in departures on route 84x
    · Additional capacity will be realised on the outbound departures on route 84x for Donnybrook and Belfield as a result of adjusted city centre stopping locations
    · An increase in services from Newcastle/Kilcoole to Bray DART Station
    · An increase in service frequency from Oldcourt (Boghall Road)
    · Improved integration with timetables
    · Direct linkages to Cherrywood Luas & Blackrock with improved frequency of service

Routing summary
    Route 45 & 84 to be amalgamated and operate as follows: Newcastle/Kilcoole to Blackrock (Main Street) via Greystones, Bray, Shankill, Cherrywood Luas, Cornelscourt, Clonkeen Road, and Deans Grange. This service will continue to provide an hourly service between Bray and Kilcoole/Newcastle. Route 45a will operate from Old Court to Dún Laoghaire via Boghall Road, Vevay Road, Bray, Shankill, Loughlinstown and Glenageary. It will operate to demand at peak times and twice hourly during the daytime.

No changes to routes 145,184,185

This application is being assessed by the National Transport Authority. When a decision is made Dublin Bus will advise all locally elected representatives with full details of changes, including timetables and stops.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Route 45 & 84 to be amalgamated and operate as follows: Newcastle/Kilcoole to Blackrock (Main Street) via Greystones

Why Blackrock? By Cherrywood Luas I wonder if it means the actual Luas stop or a 10-15 minute walk away like it currently does? It seems bizarre that it then go down to Blackrock. Surely if it just went to Cherrywood they could increase the frequency? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Nothing Changes for the 84 It Currently is every hour off Peak anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Will this mean that the 84 will no longer service UCD? I can't tell from the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jammyc wrote: »
    Will this mean that the 84 will no longer service UCD? I can't tell from the route.

Yes - it won't go to UCD anymore

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

What a crazy decision not to run the 84 to the city,it was running to the city since i was going to school.and thats a looooooooooong time ago.
    seems everything is going backwards.:mad::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭section1

Bring back the 84 to the city. What a joke getting rid of that

Apparently these are the proposed chabges but there are 3/4 new 84Xs that they didn't list on new timetable.

I'm very cycnical about this - the route from greystones to blackrock doesn't make much sense. One would have to wonder is this a way of eventually shutting down the 84 route - because of lack of use.

Terry Pratchet

Yes

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Just a note of caution for users: the stop on Nassau St. isn't served by the 84x anymore.

Stop is now at TCD entrance on Grafton St. Kildare st stop still in operation.

Nearly got caught out myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of that! Is the stop opposite Molly Mallone?

• Advertisement

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of that! Is the stop opposite Molly Mallone?
    Think so. I ran up Kildare St!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,720 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

1st stop on Grafton Street after Trinity College Gates (same stop as the 11).

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Yeah, it's bus stop no. 401, where the tour buses go from - right beside where the 84 used to stop.

Almost missed the 15.50 one yesterday because I had to run back to college green having walked up Nassau St.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Yeah, I have a horrible feeling that they'll gradually cut the 84 until it's non existent. I go to college in town so this new change doesn't affect me so much...although it sure as hell did when they cut it to Belfield! But I rarely get the 84 now anyway, I rely on the 84x. So handy.

Also, the new timetable is confusing. Too many letters: a, t, v, k, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Also note D'olier st is now in the history books for this route.

Also note D'olier st is now in the history books for this route.

What do you mean? Where does the bus start now?

Terry Pratchet

What do you mean? Where does the bus start now?

It starts on Grafton st (11 stop) BUT due to parking problems there waits on D'olier st!

It starts on Grafton st (11 stop) BUT due to parking problems there waits on D'olier st!

I'm confused though - what do you mean D'olier st is in the history books?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

So can you board the bus on D'Olier St or not? It's official service starts at Trinity so I imagine not...

Rasmus wrote: »
    So can you board the bus on D'Olier St or not? It's official service starts at Trinity so I imagine not...
    You can't board on D'Olier St.

The bus comes around from Pearse st. direction at the time it's due apparently, as it is not allowed wait at the stop.

• Advertisement

Rasmus wrote: »
    If a bus is coming from Heuston they have to wait prior in other locations. First stop is Grafton st.

I'm confused though - what do you mean D'olier st is in the history books?
    No worries i confuse many. History as in no more for the X's.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

Not so cool, could someone post details of buses that serves Charlesland Shopping Centre bus stop No. 7461

Dublin bus Route planner doesn't even recognize the bus stop No 7461.

Is the route 84X the only one route that serves Dublin city centre with Charlesland Shopping Centre (Charlesland Estate)? Not talking about the 20 min walk towards other bus stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

so the 84x is the only bus thats currently serving Charlesland Estate with Dublin city centre and UCD?

Yes it is.

Yes.

Route 184 serves that stop but it looks like the 84x was never updated online.

tp25 wrote: »
    Not so cool, could someone post details of buses that serves Charlesland Shopping Centre bus stop No. 7461

Dublin bus Route planner doesn't even recognize the bus stop No 7461.

Is the route 84X the only one route that serves Dublin city centre with Charlesland Shopping Centre (Charlesland Estate)? Not talking about the 20 min walk towards other bus stops.

184 serving Bray and 84x serving City centre.

Terry Pratchet

I've merged two threads about bus changes.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

lxflyer wrote: »
    Route 184 serves that stop but it looks like the 84x was never updated online.

Sorry, but for complete clarity can you confirm that the 84x still serves Charlesland, despite the fact that its not listed on DB's website?

Cheers

Advertisement