Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus changes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sorry, but for complete clarity can you confirm that the 84x still serves Charlesland, despite the fact that its not listed on DB's website?

Cheers

Yes. The 84x Serves charlesland.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

lxflyer wrote: »
    Route 184 serves that stop but it looks like the 84x was never updated online.

the following two problems:

1) Route planner issue: try to enter keywords ''Charlesland'' or ''Greystones''
    the stops no. 7461 / 7462 does not display at all! The charlesland estate doesn't exist in eyes of the Route planner.

2) Dublin bus and online Map issue: try to search for Greystons/Charlesland, pinpointed stops no. 7461 / 7462, the bus 84x route isn't listed at all

Perhaps tweet them or email them would be not a bad idea.

customercomment
    @dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The route planner has always been crap on the DB website. I found http://justroutes.com/ recently which seems heaps better.

Still doesn't have the stops at Charlesland but it gives me way more accurate/direct results than the DB planner. And it covers the trains outside of Dublin. Not sure about Bus Eireann etc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

d31b0y wrote: »
    The route planner has always been crap on the DB website. I found http://justroutes.com/ recently which seems heaps better.

this is also very good: http://hittheroad.ie/

Yep, that one is much nicer. Bookmarked for the future. Nice one.

• Advertisement

tp25 wrote: »
    the following two problems:

1) Route planner issue: try to enter keywords ''Charlesland'' or ''Greystones''
    the stops no. 7461 / 7462 does not display at all! The charlesland estate doesn't exist in eyes of the Route planner.

2) Dublin bus and online Map issue: try to search for Greystons/Charlesland, pinpointed stops no. 7461 / 7462, the bus 84x route isn't listed at all

Perhaps tweet them or email them would be not a bad idea.

customercomment
    @dublinbus.ie

I am following on the above issues directly with Dublin Bus (customer.commentatdublinbus.ie)

to date I have received the following response:

To whom it may concern;

I am currently carrying out investigations into your complaint regarding routes 184 and 84x not showing up on stops 7461 and 7462. When I find out what the problem is I will be in further touch with you further.

received update from Dublin bus:

To whom it may concern:

I refer to your email dated the 7th June 2012 in connection with information for stops in Charlesland Greystones.

The data recorded for these stops have now been updated and therefore should be shown on Google Maps early next week. I have also arranged for information to be posted on the stops early next week also.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

tp25 wrote: »
    received update from Dublin bus:
    [COLOR="Blue"]
    To whom it may concern:

I refer to your email dated the 7th June 2012 in connection with information for stops in Charlesland Greystones.

The data recorded for these stops have now been updated and therefore should be shown on Google Maps early next week. I have also arranged for information to be posted on the stops early next week also.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,[/COLOR]

Amazed you got an answer. Fair play to DB.

email to DB:
    Hi,

(Information at the stops)

Thank you for your commitment to arrange to post information on the stops. - I take it that actual timetables will be placed at both of the stops?

(Route Planner)

Would it be possible to help to add the Keywords (Charlesland, Greystones) and keywords of the stop numbers 7461 / 7462 to the Dublin Bus Route Planner?

Separate issue (Google maps):

I noticed error on Google maps, there is a stop number 4225 marked as Charlesland Grove, ...
    The stop number 4225 is located at Mill Road, at about 100meters from the Greystones Park & Ride parking (maybe keywords Park&Ride ...)

Yeah!! - after my little campaign (twitter  + email) which started on the 7th of June, with great success I wish to announce:

The Result:

Dublin Bus have successfully updated their Google Maps section of the Dublin Bus website. The 84x route is officially attached to the stops numbers 7461 & 7462 (Charlesland Estate)

Extract:

Bus Stop No. 7461
    Charlesland Rd, Shopping Centre

Routes serving this stop (Bus Stop No. 7461):
    184 Towards Newtownmountkennedy
    184 Towards Bray Rail Station
    84x Towards Trinity College
    84x Towards Newcastle/Kilcoole

Let's see if the route planner reflects the same? (separate requests raised to include keywords: Charlesland, 7461, 7462 into the search results when using the official route planner.

yeah: Well done Dublin Bus, Thanks for adding the keywords (Charlesland 7461 7462) to the Route planner works like a charm, Charlesland does exist from now on!

anyone can now search for charlesland and can visit us travelling on dublin bus (this was not the case before as the route planner didn't recognize our estate, nor our bus stops)

Great, thanks again DB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

d31b0y wrote: »
    Amazed you got an answer. Fair play to DB.

I've emailed DB twice and they've replied on both occasions and were very empathetic and helpful :)

Advertisement