Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Beara

Options
  • 17-04-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Myself and about ten male friends are thinking going to cycle the peninsula over a weekend starting from Kenmare, and probably stopping in glengariff on first night. We were thinking about Allihies or castletownbere for the second night.

We would like something to eat, a couple of pints and a bit of night life.

Can anyone tell me about either place or make some suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

Hi Mods,

Can i repost or can you move this to Cycling to get a response?

thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

There is plenty of food and drink to be got down here night life is a different story.

Glengarriff hotels,The Eccles near the pier 10 minute walk into town.

Caseys hotel in the middle of town (small hotel)pubs and resturants nearby.

Castletownbere no hotels B&B only.I dont think there is a hotel in Allihies either.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭dermob

Thanks MP22

Looking like we will spend Friday in Glengariff, not to bothered about too much nightlife on the first night! Saturday i think we will stay in castletownbere as i would imagine it is probably the busiest town down there!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes Castletownbere is the biggest and busiest town on the peninsula,still has no night club!Look out for music in one of the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

mp22 wrote: »
    Yes Castletownbere is the biggest and busiest town on the peninsula,still has no night club!Look out for music in one of the pubs.

Im from there (well bere island) and there is a nightclub, the forge which is open friday and saturday night, Its quiet down there at the moment but twomeys or maccarthy's would prob have music some nights of the week. I would suggest to anyone if they are there during the day to go to breens in the square, they do great lunches.

• Advertisement

jamesbere wrote: »
    Im from there (well bere island) and there is a nightclub, the forge which is open friday and saturday night, Its quiet down there at the moment but twomeys or maccarthy's would prob have music some nights of the week. I would suggest to anyone if they are there during the day to go to breens in the square, they do great lunches.

Fair enough, I was wondering about the wheel inn is the forge the same place?

Just a note of caution the road from glengarriff to kenmare is closed until Tuesday(first of may)resurfacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

http://www.islandviewhouse.com/index.html

http://www.summer-hill.com/index.html

have stayed at the above B&B's a few times, both very good

Advertisement