Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8MB ngb cheaper than old 7MB package

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

iPhone. wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Ant.

I didn't ask if you personally had contacted the regulator so lets not get stupid about this ok? I asked if EIRCOM had made contact with the regulator in relation to lowering prices for us folk stuck on a very inequitable standard broadband package pricing structure.

How have 'recent price changes empowered' this customer? Stuck on an unfarrly overpriced 7MB standard broadband package which now doesn't even get a mention on the Eircom Website??

Hi guys
    I have had a look at this thread and can see that my colleagues have attempted to answer all queries posted here, though there may have been some cross over on both queries and responses. If anyone does feel that they have been ignored please accept our apologies however this issue should not descent into a shouting match.
    At this stage in the discussion I can see that the question re regulations governing pricing has been answered. Pricing and regulation guidlines do exist and all ISP must comply with these.
    The crucial issue to be clarified; are the current prices for standard broadband likely to be reviewed downward?
    I cannot provide a full answer to this question at the moment but have asked for information on this subject.
    At the moment we have access only to current pricing plans not future pricing plans. I have made sure that all relevant sections who do deal with product and plan pricing have been made aware of the emotion this issue has generated. I was advised that we were aware of the issue and that this is under investigation. Changes to price plans does take time and we cannot provide more info on this at present but we will advise on any future changes to this plans specifically and hope that a fair resolution be met.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Thanks Tony. Only trying to get a straight answer without all the superfluous and irrelevant waffle.
    Thank you for providing the information in a clear, concise and non window dressed manner. It is appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

iPhone. wrote: »
    Thanks Tony. Only trying to get a straight answer without all the superfluous and irrelevant waffle.
    Thank you for providing the information in a clear, concise and non window dressed manner. It is appreciated.

No problem iPhone. Yours ( and other posts on thread ) raise a genuine point. I hope we can update ye soon.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Thanks for the update Tony. I'll bump this thread every month or so in case Eircom forget about this. Actions speak louder than words.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

This thread reminds of the old story of the workers in vineyard,very interesting how it can be applied to current times.

• Advertisement

The link below gives a concise list of prices for all Eircom broadband bundle packages as the current website layout favours NGB packages.

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/Pt4.1.8.pdf

Hi Mark,
    Any update from Eircom management about this issue being addressed?

Advertisement