Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera being held by Peats electronics

Options
  • 17-04-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all.

Looking for some advice here.

I had put my camera that was still under warrenty into Peats electronics before they closed down.

I have rang them and have been advised that they can do nothing about returning the camera until a liquidator has been appointed.

Is there anything I can do here or do i need to wait until they call me back as promised.

I have been waiting over 2 weeks for an update from them.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

I dont think this should have anything to do with a liquidator with regards getting your property back except if they were in the middle of some sort of transaction.

Were you claiming under the manufacturer's warranty? If yes then they generally just send the product back to the manufacturer on your behalf so if it hasnt been sent yet then demand it back and send it yourself and if it has been sent then they should be able to find it and still return it to you.

If however this is some claim under your statutory rights against the seller then you are in a much more difficult position especially if works have already started on the camera.

Letting us know first whether it was manufacturers warranty, some sort of extra insurance package or statutory rights your camera was returned under will help here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If the camera was still with Peats when they closed down, or was returned from the manufacturer, then the only way to get it will be by contact with the liquidator when they are appointed. For now, Peats cannot do anything for you.

If the camera was with the manufacturer when they closed, then you should contact them and get it returned directly to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

Thanks for the replies.

I gave it to the shop on the 9th March and called about 2 weeks later and they said that it wasnt back yet.

A few days after that i heard the news about the liquidation.

For this reason I have no idea who actually has the camara.

How would i find out if the manufactor has it.

The camara was only 3 months old so it was a manufactors warrenty

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

what brand is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Tow

You will need to chase them for any chance of getting it back. From my experience of looking for things back from liquidators and evening talking to directly to the liquidator, you will be lucky. Many are very nice on the phone et. But to find one camera in all the stock is easier said than done.

Peats Wholesale, who one assumes (same family) supplied the camera to the shops is still going. You could call them, if you can I would call in as it is harder to fob someone off when they are standing in reception than over the phone.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Tow wrote: »
    Peats Wholesale, who one assumes (same family) supplied the camera to the shops is still going. You could call them, if you can I would call in as it is harder to fob someone off when they are standing in reception than over the phone.
    Even if they are the same family doesn't mean the owner of peats wholesale has anything to do with the business that went into liquidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Tow

UDP wrote: »
    Even if they are the same family doesn't mean the owner of peats wholesale has anything to do with the business that went into liquidation.

They are a separate legal entity, which is why they are still going. If the OP can't get anywhere, it may still be possible to do a charge back if the item was bought on a credit card.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

It was a fuji if that makes any difference,

It was a christmas present so it is still within 6 months but would a chargeback be accepted by the bank when you consider what has happened.

I would have thought they will deny it as I did receive the camera

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Talking to my old manager today and there are still folk in the office working through customer repairs so there may be some hope for you yet OP. I'm sorry I don't have more information than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

if you have any paperwork from Peats regarding the repair (serial number, reference number), you could contact Fuji yourself?

Their repair centre is in Dublin as far as i know and dont outsource.

• Advertisement

great news,

I got a call friday evening that Peats wholesales has the camera fixed and ready for collection.

Just collected now and everything in order.

thanks to everyone for their responses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Application for examinership is in the works. Tallaght store already open and other stores planned to be open by Saturday

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0423/breaking38.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Jev/N wrote: »
    Application for examinership is in the works. Tallaght store already open and other stores planned to be open by Saturday

Rathmines also open and Parnell street to re-open Saturday.

I doubt if any of the high priced shopping centre stores will open and peats can get back to the core business.

Excellent news and fair play to all their suppliers for working with them - suppose it was the least they could do with Peats giving them business for 40+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jev/N wrote: »

Rathmines and Parnell Street are reopening. Tallaght was a Sony Centre and its gone since last year. Xtravision is in that unit the last couple of months.

http://www.peats.com/

Advertisement