Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best price/performance irobot roomba or alternative to buy?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

I've been looking at it for a while now and I think I'm settled on the irobot roomba 555, most likely buying from amazon, here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/iRobot-Roomba-Vacuum-Cleaning-Robot/dp/B004RJVBYE/ref=pd_cp_kh_0

there's a few older threads on them, but there seem to be quite a few new models out now and some competing brands as well, so i was hoping to get a more current feel for how the market is shaping up.

i was contemplating ebay, but i'm always wary of expensive electronic purchases there.

it's primarily going to be used to clean 3 rooms downstairs. a tiled kitchen floor, a laminate wooden floor and a regular bit of carpet, not deep pile or anything, just the normal carpet type stuff.

if it does a decent enough job, i'd say my wife will run it upstairs to do there as well to save a bit of hassle. :)

so does anyone have one? if so, which model and is it any good? is there anything i need to consider before going ahead with the purchase, or is there a better model for the money than the 555?

Advertisement