Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who wants to buy tickets for Tupac in concert?

• 17-04-2012 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

This is just weird, Digital Domain Media Group Inc. have created a Tupac hologram say they're in talks with Dr Dre and Snoop to take him on tour :confused:

Whats next Elvis maybe?

Anyways will they not just let this guy rest in peace, how many albums has he 'made' since he is died, how many duets has he had with people he hasn't even met. Its gettin fcukin ridiculous imo.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/weird-celeb-news/after-a-hologram-of-tupac-performs-at-coachella-797345

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah saw it on youtube.
    Moneymakers will moneymake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Elvis was already done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The hologram is genuinely impressive though, theres clips of it on youtube

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

thats dope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Gorillaz did it years ago.

Give it a while and we'll see Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Hologram is impressive tbf, if not a little eerie

They shouldn't milk this imo, just a one off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Elvis was already done...

i should have guessed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Saw this this morning, very cool.

I'd go to one of the concerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I wouldn't have paid to see that guy when he was alive nevermind dead. Even now I could not hum one of his songs if my life depended on it. It just all sounds the same in a completely crap kind of way.

The technology looks interesting though.

• Advertisement

Seachmall wrote: »
    I'd go to one of the concerts.

really? if there were no live acts just the hologram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Holograms are the work of the devil!!! . . . . . .

Well, apart from the sexy lapdancer type ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

davet82 wrote: »

In fairness the tickets would be dirt cheap since he'd be playing in a dozen other venues that night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

I see dead people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats nothing new, Damon Albarn was known to turn up at Gorillaz concerts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

They've been doing that in Japan for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

I wouldnt deny its impressive but I do find it a bit creepy, the man's dead so doesn't have a say in the matter and anyone else involved just seems to be abusing his popularity for profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Didn't know Tupac could ice skate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

At the end of the tour, they should have Tupacs hologram shot, just to be realistic and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

stand down, the tupac hologram was just shot by a rival hologram of Biggie Smalls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Forget about dead singers where are the hologram strippers?

What's the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

*googles Tupac*

What's the difference?

really? the obvious being the act is dead and recorded and... lots of reasons but everyone to their own taste ect but it wouldnt be my cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

I just feel sorry for the poor lads who were absolutely mashed at Coachella and wandered up to that stage.

It must have been like the 2nd coming or something for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Gravediggaz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You'd want to be four cans short a 6 pack to pay full price to see something like that.

really? the obvious being the act is dead and recorded and... lots of reasons but everyone to their own taste ect but it wouldnt be my cup of tea

Anyone who goes to a pop concert has a decent chance of hearing a recorded set as oppose to a live performance.

The only difference is flesh and blood, and I don't go to concerts to see flesh and blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The only difference is flesh and blood, and I don't go to concerts to see flesh and blood.

Not a johnny cash fan?

• Advertisement

The price of the tickets will Noutorious Big, or you might get tupac for the price of one. If thats the case i might take a snoop.

Anyone who goes to a pop concert has a decent chance of hearing a recorded set as oppose to a live performance.

i suppose, technically thats true to a certain degree. Some acts are must for live performances to fully appreciate them, bands ect and also the act interacting with the crowd.

I can just imagine Tupac shouting, 'whats up my niggas in' in a LA gangsta accent and then a thick Dublin accent dubbing 'Croker' over him talking :pac:

truth be told i just go for the atmosphere and maybe to get high so i probably wouldnt be that bothered either now that i think of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

This is just weird, Digital Domain Media Group Inc. have created a Tupac hologram say they're in talks with Dr Dre and Snoop to take him on tour :confused:

Whats next Elvis maybe?

Anyways will they not just let this guy rest in peace, how many albums has he 'made' since he is died, how many duets has he had with people he hasn't even met. Its gettin fcukin ridiculous imo.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/weird-celeb-news/after-a-hologram-of-tupac-performs-at-coachella-797345

I doubt he gives a fook tbh, and if it was possible for him to give a fook, i doubt he would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

nah this s**t just aint right leave these dead folk alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

help me suge knight, you're my only hope

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

We need to get Freddie back. Stat!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Its not exactly a hologram unfortunately :(, but just a projection onto a transparent screen but its still pretty cool.

Japan has been doing this for a while now with their virtual singer Hatsune Miku, whose lyrics are created using software and music is done by a real band though originally created using the software too. (of course I would have to fag up a thread with my japan shíte as usual)

Watch in 1080p

I doubt he gives a fook tbh, and if it was possible for him to give a fook, i doubt he would

Probably not, I’m just sick of all the regurgitated shyte they keep releasing; if it wasn’t released when he was alive it was probably not that good to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I wouldn't go to see a concert of just that. It was impressive though, and was a cool thing to do the once. It'd be less cool if it became a gimmick though.

Interestingly, Tupac said that his biggest fear about life after death was the possibility of reincarnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Its not exactly a hologram unfortunately :(, but just a projection onto a transparent screen but its still pretty cool.

Came here to post the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

cocoshovel wrote: »
    (of course I would have to fag up a thread with my japan shíte as usual)

Check out page 2 as its been mentioned already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Kamjana wrote: »
    Check out page 2 as its been mentioned already.

Ah I missed that, sorry. Anyway, im a huge fan of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

The price of the tickets will Noutorious Big, or you might get tupac for the price of one. If thats the case i might take a snoop.

Get some eminems and ice-t while you're at it, they're about 50 cent which is ludacris :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If I wanted to see a convicted sex offender in concert, I'd see an alive one, like R. Kelly or G. Glitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If I wanted to see a convicted sex offender in concert, I'd see an alive one, like R. Kelly or G. Glitter.

Big difference between tupac and those 2 kid lovers. At least get your facts right before you spout such utter ****.

Out of curiosity... who owns Tupac? Serious question, who would own the image of him? His family? The record label?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Tupac isn't dead. It's all a big scammola.
    2Pac now calls himself Makaveli... Machiavelli was an Italian war strategist who advocated faking one's death to fool their enemies...

http://www.donmega.com/20-reasons-why-tupac-is-still-alive.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dónal wrote: »
    Out of curiosity... who owns Tupac? Serious question, who would own the image of him? His family? The record label?

Well I wasn't going to say anything....but i do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

DarkJager wrote: »
    Big difference between tupac and those 2 kid lovers. At least get your facts right before you spout such utter ****.
    whoa there horsey, i never said he was a kid lover, but he was a lover of taking part in the gang rape of a 19 year old girl, for which he was conviced. He was conviced of a sexual crime, he is/was a sex offender, i'm not spouting anything but utter truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

Convicted by not necessarily guilty, I don't believe my nigga committed that crime of rape on any1. RIP to a REAL nigga.

• Advertisement
Advertisement