Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who wants to buy tickets for Tupac in concert?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Convicted by not necessarily guilty, I don't believe my nigga committed that crime of rape on any1.
    Gary Glitter was convicted...but not necessarily guilty, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

This could get sinister,mass cull of big ego stars and replace them with controllable holograms,public none the wiser but it won't end there! :D

The future is now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Interestingly, Tupac said that his biggest fear about life after death was the possibility of reincarnation.
    Actually I feel the same way, I'd hate to have to come back after dying and have to endure another lifetime of people banging on about an average rapper whose undeserved fame was mainly due to his untimely death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Convicted by not necessarily guilty, I don't believe my nigga committed that crime of rape on any1. RIP to a REAL nigga.

You sound like a complete idiot talking like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Actually I feel the same way, I'd hate to have to come back after dying and have to endure another lifetime of people banging on about an average rapper whose undeserved fame was mainly due to his untimely death.

Undeserved? Have you actually listened to any tracks of his? The man was a genius and I'd play his tracks any day over 99% of **** that passes as music these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

DarkJager wrote: »
    Big difference between tupac and those 2 kid lovers. At least get your facts right before you spout such utter ****.

I agree but he's still a convicted sex offender nonetheless.

I like a lot of Tupac's music. I just think he's incredibly hypocritical with songs like 'Keep Ya Head Up' yet he then sexually assaults women, promotes a 'thug life' image, carries guns around...all the usual sh1te that comes with the stereotype of a young black rapper.

The hologram was fricken amazing though. Wouldn't pay to see it in concert though

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

ottostreet wrote: »
    You sound like a complete idiot talking like that.

You can hear me? Really?! The greatest rapper of all time was pursued by a trick who cried rape to get a s*** load of money.
    C u in thugz mansion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVGIRsKXdo

Well that was neither melodic nor entertaining on the music front, technology is cool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I have news for you...Tupac is not actually dead:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Anyway Tupac wasn't much good really. Maybe the hologram will be better.

Does this mean Justin Bieber will go on forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

This is only the beginning...

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam#The_theory

Now where's my tin foil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Bring Freddie Mercury back please :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

You can hear me? Really?! The greatest rapper of all time was pursued by a trick who cried rape to get a s*** load of money.
    C u in thugz mansion.

Well done, I fell for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Does this mean Justin Bieber will go on forever?

we need to ban this technology now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

davet82 wrote: »
    Probably not, I’m just sick of all the regurgitated shyte they keep releasing; if it wasn’t released when he was alive it was probably not that good to begin with.

I agree but the as long as there's people who want the shyte, they'll release it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I think its a good idea, fans of tupac will appreciate it, hope they do this for biggie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Dónal wrote: »
    Out of curiosity... who owns Tupac? Serious question, who would own the image of him? His family? The record label?

His mother owns all image rights. Although the hologram isnt actually recorded footage (dont ask me how they done this) and the music being used would be owned by the record company he was signed to at the time. Although she did give her approval of using the hologram, she ultimately has no say. It gets weirder it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

How come Elvis didn't get the hologram treatment first? is because Tupac is priority to this generation.

Saw it already.. my brothers 30+ pal posted this on his fb. I like to pry over there for a wee titter - also posted was a one direction video complete with a description of why he likes it. It makes him happy. Oh; brother.. what friends have thou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

All of this is ridiculous. A dead man's memory is being exploited by the people he knew in real life and people are queuing to throw money at them. It wasn't even a hologram ffs. It's a cheap trick from the 19th century where they project video onto a pane of glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

All of this is ridiculous. A dead man's memory is being exploited by the people he knew in real life and people are queuing to throw money at them. It wasn't even a hologram ffs. It's a cheap trick from the 19th century where they project video onto a pane of glass.

'I knew him first and I knew him well, G'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anyway Tupac wasn't much good really.

Lol, oh really and what rappers do you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Its actually from the 18th century ;)

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/26805-how-the-tupac-hologram/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

At least Suge Knight won't be able to off him, this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I'd only go if he was re-created as a hard-light hologram and I could beat 7 shades of sh1te out of him (preferably with a holowhip)*

* If you've never watched Red Dwarf you won't understand any of that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Dónal wrote: »
    Out of curiosity... who owns Tupac? Serious question, who would own the image of him? His family? The record label?

Afeni Shakur, his mother, allowed Dre to do this and Dr Dre donated money to the Tupac Amaru Shakur foundation which does great work for kids like Tupac they do performing arts and Music etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

His mother gave her blessing. No one is being exploited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Tupac of eminems for 50 cent, man that's ludacris

Advertisement