Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How hard are the people of after hours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Around 7 inches on a good day

Is that measured from the back of your arse:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

OP, I take it you're in a little doubt about whether you should go to the doctor or not and want us to reassure you that you're doing the right thing.

Well, I won't do that.
    Every break is different: some can be fixed easily, others need a lot of attention, and a doctor is the best person to figure out what the case is with your toes.

Also, I once pulled out my own big toenail, so Oi'm well 'ard, innit?

Why o why would you do this?

Won't somebody please think of the chirldren!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Your toes are there to help keep you balanced. If they are broken and don't heal properly you will spend the rest of your sad little life staggering around like a drunk person, is that what you want OP?? Well is it??? :mad:

Get thy arse to a doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

I was dead. But I got better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The nail was dead as it had become partially dislodged due to stubbing my toe very hard.

The problem was that the new nail couldn't grow until the old one was gone. But the old nail was still mostly attached to the skin underneath, and had also become lodged into the main body of my toe a little.

So in absolute agony, despite the whiskey I'd taken, I peeled the toenail off, over the course of about half an hour.

Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah toenail surgery, I presume everybody's done that at some point. Sometimes your toenails just don't go right and you have to tear them off and start again. I used to find that the compass from a cheap mathematical drawing set made a great surgical tool. Sterilise it with a lighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The nail was dead as it had become partially dislodged due to stubbing my toe very hard.

The problem was that the new nail couldn't grow until the old one was gone. But the old nail was still mostly attached to the skin underneath, and had also become lodged into the main body of my toe a little.

So in absolute agony, despite the whiskey I'd taken, I peeled the toenail off, over the course of about half an hour.

Good times.

That is truly disgusting... Well done sir! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

mikom wrote: »
    I once became trapped by a boulder in an isolated slot canyon in southeastern Utah, and was eventually forced to amputate my own right arm in order to free myself.
    No biggie.

Your movie sucked...hope you know that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

not me but sister smashed her ankle in several places when we were paintballing once,refused to go to hospital and insisted on goin out later that night in heels, getting wasted and then drove back from Limerick the following day. She eventually ended up in a cast for 8 weeks and docs told her more damage was caused after the break than the actual event itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I once headbutted a keg. Not the best drunken idea. Have a scar on my forehead to prove it!
    Anybody who headbutts a keg is my friend, brilliant!

I pissed on a campfire and it went out.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I fell out of a tree and walked it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Two years ago I fell at Electric Picnic on the Friday night. Left ankle and Right leg below the knee were killing me. Went to the rave in the forest and all. Next morning, drove into Portlaoise and got nurofen and voltarol gel (they wouldn't even give me nurofen plus!). Danced the weekend away.

Turned out I tore the ligaments in one of my ankles and broke my right knee. Whoopsadaisydoodles :D

True.....I was there. She was locked drunk....no tabs needed. LOL

benwavner wrote: »
    True.....I was there. She was locked drunk....no tabs needed. LOL

I WAS NOT.

Ok maybe a little....It was three weeks before they diagnosed the broken knee. Kept telling me it was muscular :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I WAS NOT.

Ok maybe a little....It was three weeks before they diagnosed the broken knee. Kept telling me it was muscular :(

Hard as Algebra I tell ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

When i was a toddler i triped over my granddads dog and sliced my forehead on a old wooden tv then got bit me... the dog got shot.

at 12 i banged my knee after falling of my mouton bike it was the side of a over sized tennis ball, Dammege ligaments threw out my knee and it tuck my mums friend to persuade her to bing me to hospital... was on crutches for 12 weeks,

Then art 14 i was ddong a kick flip on my skate board and broke my ankle, it was that sore that I fainted on the spot :(

18 i was moving a 18 foot rib on to the trailer with 3 other not so experienced people so i got pissed of and put every single mussel in my back out bye supporting it...

also had wisdom teath come threw while i was traveling and had no money to get them done, so i had to rely on codeine paracetoml and ibuprofen also had to heat up the abses with a boiling hot tea bowl in a plastic bag, wait for my mouth to go numb from the heat and then burst it.

Edit i have had concousin 3 times whip lash so many times I've lost count I bruised my bone falling on ice snowboarding.. I also feature my skull broke my noise ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I fell 3.5m into a trench at work when pouring a skip of concrete. I was in thick form havin to work saturday and was rushing things. Felt myself tripping and in real slowmotion tipped over and thought "Awww well forfuksake!!!" as I went down. Bounced off a rock about half way down with my hip and ribs getting the worst of it and landed on my side, gashing a shin and ankle off another rock at the bottom. I didnt hear a crack or feel anything snap so I jumped straight up and roared at the others to keep pouring the fúcking concrete.

Then the pain hit. Couldn't breath for about 15 seconds. Saw a few stars and the right leg buckled under me. Took about 30 seconds before the wave of weakness passed and the little sweat came out on my forhead then I was ok again. And I looked up and the bastards still hadn't poured the rest of the fúcking concrete:mad:

So I climbed back up as thick as an ass , threw a couple of fúcks at the others for taking too long and finished pouring the skip myself. Then drove 30 miles home and took a disprin. I dont know how hard I am, but I'm just about the most horrible stubborn ignorant bastard you'll ever meet when I'm in bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I so hard I make concrete sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

i was climbing out over the girlfriend one night to take a peek at the loo back when. Well, I tripped over her left ? butttock and my head met the mantle piece. Fortunately i had my wits about me that day as i has to remembered i just HAd to live to watch the next episode of whatever it was back then. anyways, i woke with my head in the fireplace and the girlfriend about to strike match to a firelighter .. a kid you not .. irish women eh ..
    well i neednt tell you i got my head out of that fireplace (quik as lightenin) and hit the road. Never looked back ..
    i find the far eastern women far more understandin that way ...
    but where was i
    oh yah ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I killed chuck norris:cool:
    no body kills Chuck Norris

now he will find YOU :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Me? I'm as hard as a kidney stone, and just as painful to shift.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

seamus wrote: »

Another six months and he would have lost his foot. True story. Though in most cases if you just bind the broken toe to a good toe beside it and don't do anything stupid like go for a run, it'll heal up.

In judo we call it 'buddy taping', broken/dislocated fingers and toes are regular enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I thought that this thread was about something else, "after hours" How hard are you? "

The Dirty Barstewards :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thought I'd pulled a muscle in my side slipping on the ice the other year, did stretches on it for a week, went to doctor, had broken a few ribs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

If you feel the need to post about it on the internet and AH above all places then I seriously doubt *hard* is the word assigned to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭FREDNISMO

I roll my sleeves up to my elbows before I go down to the pub for 12 pints of smithwicks

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

It depends on how hot my mental images of the women posting in whichever thread I'm reading at the time are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I've had a few thing that were number 10 on the pain threshold and I could cope with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Pataman wrote: »
    Is that measured from the back of your arse:D

from his prostate

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Son broke his toe last year, went to hospital got x rays and was strapped for 3 weeks, went back, didn't heal in the right position so had to have an op to reset it otherwise it would of stopped blood flow . . . Get it checked out op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

OP, a friend of mine broke his toe once.

Five years later..... BAM!! ..... he turned gay!

Not that there's anything wrong with being gay, but you might PM me your wifes/girlfriends details just in case*

*I once threw a Jack Russell at a Rothweiler that was about to attack me, that's a pretty fúckin hard thing to do.

EGAR wrote: »
    If you feel the need to post about it on the internet and AH above all places then I seriously doubt *hard* is the word assigned to you.

This guy is soooo hard......he has no sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I pissed on a campfire and it went out.......

I shouted at it, and it re-lit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Dayum biitch, I went to the docs with a broken toe before and he said they can't really do anything but tape it together to the next toe to keep it straight until it heals, ugh I wouldnt tape two broken toes together though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Im hard enough right now to hand an anvil from my cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I broke my ankle and only found out it had been broken almost 2 years later when I crashed a moped whilst on holliers in Crete. "It's just a bad sprain" my arse! My ankle hasn't been right since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

When I was a teenager a mate of mine broke his wrist rollerblading, he didn't let it bother him and we cycled 7 miles home over bumpy pot-holed roads on a rickety mountain bike, he ended up needing pins in his wrist to hold it together.
    The guy never complained once during the whole cycle. Tough motherfcuker.

My claim to hardness is having know the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Not a physically sustained injury, but I was born with a heart defect (heart murmer or something to that effect) and had to have life-saving heart surgery at six weeks of age. Twenty four years later I've an absolutely perfect heart and no underlying health problems that could have been connected to the defect.

And I have a cool scar on my chest ;)

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm so hard that when I was a kid my mother gave me one of those joke sweets that tasted of garlic and I ended up liking it :cool:

Put a brussel sprout in front of me, though, and I'll break down in tears :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Why do people go to the doctor when they break a bone or something? They doctor cant do anything other then say "yeah its broken, now go to the hospital".

Then the same people usually complain that the doctor did nothing while it cost them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is the thread evaluating the abject stupidity or hardness of boards members?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Why do people go to the doctor when they break a bone or something? They doctor cant do anything other then say "yeah its broken, now go to the hospital".

Then the same people usually complain that the doctor did nothing while it cost them. Idiots.

'Hello doctor, my foot hurts.'
    'Doesnt look broken, just keep it rested'

'Hello A&E, my foot hurts'
    'Please take a seat sir'
    8hrs later...
    'Doesnt look broken, just keep it rested'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

RichieC wrote: »
    If the pain starts going up your leg it could be a blood cloth.

Like the Turin Shroud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

if its your big toe, you would need to go to a doctor, because your big toe dictates posture and balance, if it doesn't heal properly you can have problems for years after... if its smaller toes, all you do is tape them to your nearest good toes and keep the weight off them

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Dub Ste

How hard am I??

Depends if I'm looking at my laminated picture of Salma Hayek in her undies,if I am.....................very hard !!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I am so hard I have never broken a bone. **** Yeah!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

stovelid wrote: »
    Is the thread evaluating the abject stupidity or hardness of boards member?

Turns out there's a linear relationship between the two... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bob The Nero

saa wrote: »
    ugh I wouldnt tape two broken toes together though.

Especially if they were on different feet.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

being a five foot tall girl in a proper mosh = hard as nails

not going to the hospital with the resulting broken knuckle = thick as ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭blackwhite

cocoshovel wrote: »

Then the same people usually complain that the doctor did nothing while it cost them. Idiots.

A&E Fee without GP referall - €100
    A&E fee after being referred by a GP - €0

There's your reason right there. So long as your GP charges less than €100 for a visit then you're saving money by going to them first

• Advertisement
Advertisement