Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How hard are the people of after hours

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

blackwhite wrote: »
    A&E Fee without GP referall - €100
    A&E fee after being referred by a GP - €0

There's your reason right there. So long as your GP charges less than €100 for a visit then you're saving money by going to them first

Ah now I understand. Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Well, im not a guy but if i was i could definitly say i was a very hard boardsie ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

When I was a young lad I fell off a skateboard and fractured a bone around my elbow. Wandered on home to discover my parents were out, so I just grabbed a bag of frozen peas and threw them on my arm and watched Countdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Broke my collarbone, had my dinner and tea before going to A+E, about 2-3 hours sitting around.

When I went into A+E all the female nurses proceeded to have sex with me as I was so manly and tough*

*Some of this may not be true....*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Why do people go to the doctor when they break a bone or something? They doctor cant do anything other then say "yeah its broken, now go to the hospital".

Then the same people usually complain that the doctor did nothing while it cost them.

Because they will only pay 50 or 60 quid to the Doctor, and get an A&E referral. If they go straight to A&E, they'll pay a 100.

Might save them a few quid.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Broke my finger last year at training, taped it up to another finger with a splint in between, foolishly went to A&E afterwards, they re-taped it with out the splint and now my finger is wonky :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Broken bones have a tendency to heal crooked; especially things like fingers and toes.

There is nothing 'hard' about being gimpy, IMHO.

I'm all for avoiding doctors when they can't do much, but this is one time when I thought they could?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Jumped off the bonnet of a car onto a lug wrench to take the wheel off my dads car when i was younger, missed and had the sharp end go straight under my knee cap, had to stand up and pull it out and went inside and sat down and ate icecream.
    Fell off a dirt bike and broke both my little fingers and didn't tell anyone, didn't tape them either because I was an idiot so now they're really wonky.

last year a book was falling out of the top shelf of my locker in school, went to catch it but overshot the mark and punched the side of the locker and couldn't move any of my fingers for about 3 days, nothing was broken but now when it's cold my hand hurts.

Not really a hard person story but my friend got his finger stuck in a car door as he was showing up to school, went to the nurse and while he was waiting to go in he fell down 15 steps and cut open his head. hahahahahha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Realistically, unless your GP does x-rays, he/she wouldn't be able to tell you for certain if your toe was broken anyway so going to your doctor would be a total waste of time. Wouldn't it?

For what it's worth, when I was three, I broke my jaw and my nose and knocked out my four top, front teeth after falling on my face, and I'm fine so I imagine you will be too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

im so hard all the time maybe i should see a doc over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Currently nursing cracked/bruised ribs the last week or so - sore as all hell. Fk all point in clogging up a doctor's surgery or A&E to be told to go home and take it easy and shelling out for the privilege.

Second bastard time I've done my ribs - really not a pleasant experience.

Advertisement