Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barratza Maestro ok for the Gaggia Classic?

• 17-04-2012 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a Barratza Maestro plus. Am considering getting a Gaggia Classic. My understanding is that this grinder should give me ok results with the Classic - but some reviews on forums are dismissive of the Maestro so I'm a little but concerned. Someone on a Youtube review said that the Maestro is fine if espresso machines aren't pressurised.

Anyone have experience/ views on this?

thanks,

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

I have the Maestro and Classic, it definitely does not get the grind fine enough to get a good espresso. I'd end up getting my beans pre-grinded for espresso as a result, which is not ideal for a coffee nerd.

I tried getting the Rancio Silvio grinder when I bought the Classic, but they had none and weren't getting any in any time soon.

I'd splash the extra cash and get a grinder that will 100% do the job with the Classic, otherwise it will just gather dust like mine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭southernstar

Advertisement