Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Austerity for Spanish nobility

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is this about Austerity or Elephants now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Bring back franco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

No Austerity for Spanish nobility... well of course not, they are better than us ya big stupid head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Can we ban daily mail links please. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I guess its how could he do that to these great animals and the fact that he is out hunting paying crazy money while Spain verges on economic collapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

I'd have thought someone who may well have accidentally shot his brother dead would be agin' guns, but there you go.

Sappa wrote: »
    I guess its how could he do that to these great animals .

An elephant would kill you and everyone you care about given half the chance, ya ungrateful bastard :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I suspect, to be fair to the man (although he probably doesn't deserve it) that these elephants were killed as part of a carefully controlled culling which is deemed necessary in some areas of the elephant's range. It is not simply, to fulfill a bloodlust.....although I guess he must get some enjoyment out of partaking in the cull.

It is of course and absolute and utter political fail on his part......hunting while his people are up the ****ter. Eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

To be fair to them, they're the only royals I've seen who use budget airlines.
    The 70-year-old flew with low-cost airline Ryanair to Stansted to visit her brother Constantine, the former king of Greece, who is recovering from heart surgery in London.

'Members of the royal family regularly travel on regular scheduled flights both nationally and internationally,' said a source at the Spanish royal palace.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/677392-queen-sofia-on-13-ryanair-flight

QE II could take a few lessons in cost control!

However, killing elephants is just barbaric!
    Is that even legal?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

So after hours besides your opinions whether you agree with a monarchy or not,whats your opinion on killing big game animals or any animals for sport.

If you kill it, you should eat it. That's my philosophy *munches on spider*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'd say the fail has a nice blind spot for the lavish lifestyle of their own go- I mean royaly.

however, Juan, I'm disappoint. Time to gtfo of the WWF.

davet82 wrote: »
    An elephant would kill you and everyone you care about given half the chance, ya ungrateful bastard :mad:

great contribution david

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

£27,000 isn't bad, to be fair. Certain Irish charities have spent far, far more on frivolous parties in recent months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

well, i guess we found someone who would do this
    Tribesmen wrote: »
    ... Would you shoot an elephant in the face in front of its children for 5000 euros?
    also, he may be a king, but he's no Cnut

great contribution david

you are welcome sap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

why would you want to kill an elephant anyway? birds, i understand. they're shit but elephants are sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Die elephants die.

FatherLen wrote: »
    why would you want to kill an elephant anyway? birds, i understand. they're shit but elephants are sound.

what ya got against birds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Confab wrote: »
    £27,000 isn't bad, to be fair. Certain Irish charities have spent far, far more on frivolous parties in recent months.

Roughly twice the average spanish wage. yea it's a real ****ing deal.

davet82 wrote: »
    what ya got against birds?

a bird killed my wife...

• Advertisement

FatherLen wrote: »
    a bird killed my wife...

you have licence to kill my friend, i hope you avenge her :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sure efelants would be forgetting their being hunted so no harm done..

Oh and king one car loss is a cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Solair wrote: »
    To be fair to them, they're the only royals I've seen who use budget airlines.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/677392-queen-sofia-on-13-ryanair-flight

QE II could take a few lessons in cost control!

However, killing elephants is just barbaric!
    Is that even legal?!

They actually cull elephant numbers now and again, so if charging a few nobs exorbitant fees keeps the population under control and goes towards the others upkeep and protection, its perfectly sensible.

Wouldn't be into it meself, however.

Nodin wrote: »
    They actually cull elephant numbers now and again, so if charging a few nobs exorbitant fees keeps the population under control and goes towards the others upkeep and protection, its perfectly sensible.

Wouldn't be into it meself, however.

Sure by your logic we may as well start culling the local black population if it keeps growing in these countries as it is,its perfectly natural as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

biko wrote: »
    Die elephants die.

wow with a dry cool wit like that you could be an action hero!!:D

also

charging rich people loads of money to kill animals that you would have to kill anyway and using the money for conservation is pretty acceptable I think.

although I do like elephants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sure by your logic we may as well start culling the local black population if it keeps growing in these countries as it is,its perfectly natural as you say.

Huh?

:eek::eek::eek:

you might be a bit mad :confused:

its after hours were all a bit mad I guess.

• Advertisement

Do you have a t-shirt that says "The Price Of Lisbon Is Dead Irish Babies"?

Nodin wrote: »
    Do you have a t-shirt that says "The Price Of Lisbon Is Dead Irish Babies"?
    No they were sold out,I was too busy protesting for asylum seekers rights and free Palestine.

No they were sold out,I was too busy protesting for asylum seekers rights and free Palestine.

Good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Bring back franco

QFT.
    Loved him in Pineapple express.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nothing wrong with hunting. Nothing wrong with big game hunting. Yes, it's legal. No, elephants are not endangered. Yes, they're stunning, and a very poor imitation of the animals they were a century ago, sadly. Yes, it's expensive. No, there's no reason someone shouldn't do it if they have the money, regardless of their position. Hunting and conservation go hand in hand, so suggesting he shouldn't patronise the WWF while he hunts big game is nonsensical (Also, you'd really bite your nose off to spite your face in that fashion? Principles achieve little).

Advertisement