Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business VOIP Solution

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

Tomtata wrote: »
    Like most things you get what you pay for.

OP here are the only SIP phones you should be comparing / looking at.

Polycom VoIP Phones
    Cisco IP Phones
    Snom VoIP Phones
    Digium IP Phones

All have outstanding build & voice quality.
    Don’t even consider the cheaper alternatives like Grandstream or Atcom, there pure crap in a business environment.
    Also have you considered softphones + headsets for the call centre staff?

I am installing an asterisk server + 10 Cisco 504G & 2x Cordless Siemens phones next week. Replacing an old Toshiba PBX.
    The office has 3 ISDN lines.

Here is a rough break down to explain the benefits / Savings,

Current Call spend €350pm (Mobiles & Landlines)

Phones: €1000
    2x Channel GSM Gateway: €400
    BRI Card: €330
    Server: €369

Total: €2099

They will be getting unlimited outgoing Local National calls to UK/IRE with Blueface for €35pm
    They will be getting unlimited Mobile calls to any network for €40pm (Using the GSM gateway)

Savings per month: €275
    Savings First year: €1201
    Savings Second Year: €3300

Return on Investment is less than 8 months.

How will they get unlimited mobile calls to any network for €40?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

MLC61 wrote: »
    How will they get unlimited mobile calls to any network for €40?
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

I am using 2x Vodafone sims (We have a company deal) but the Tesco mobile would give you 800mins 2x channels for €40 pm

Or

10,000 mins | 2x channels for €115 pm

You would adjust based on your usage.

Given that you are providing IP handsets do you not have to include a PoE switch?

Normally yes but they have one onsite.
    A NETGEAR FS728TP ProSafe 24-Port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Petercarlos

I am using Hosted VOIP services from The Real PBX and this company provides services in Ireland as well. You can get all the desired features such as call recording, ACD, IVR, etc. The system is fully compatible with all platforms but it has to be configured on your own. The requirements regarding call initialization, caller ID and screen pop-ups can be fulfilled but then again configuration with IM has to be done on your own. You can get 50 voicemails and desired number of extensions. The plan can cost you around $95/month and the VOIP calling costs will be an additional expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ashes79

2x Channel GSM Gateway: €400

Hi Tomtata, what GSM gateway do you use?

Hi, I use the PORTech MV-372 from http://www.voipon.co.uk/portech-mv372-p-939.html

Uptime over a year on one unit - excellent call quality and has never let me down. (Build quality isnt the greatest but dont let that put you off)

This one looks good but I havent tried it yet - http://www.voipon.co.uk/dinstar-dwg2001-dwg20001g-p-3738.html

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

I am using 2x Vodafone sims (We have a company deal) but the Tesco mobile would give you 800mins 2x channels for €40 pm

Or

10,000 mins | 2x channels for €115 pm

You would adjust based on your usage.

Genius

• Advertisement

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

I took your advice on this, thank you for that. One small problem - how do I get around the CLI presented from a GSM router? My customers see a missed call from a mobile number and return it which is tying up the GSM router for outgoing calls. Also I would be happier if they saw my main number on their phones when I ring.

Any ideas?

put the sim into a phone and disable caller ID

or set up a translation pattern to prefix all numbers with #31# that go out of the GSM gateway i think

Will that block the CLI?
    Is there any way I can get the sims to presen my main number instead? Can it be programmed on the GSM router or requested from the mobile operator?

no, the only way to do that would be with a voip sip trunk.

and sorry yeah, that will block the cli

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You can try to request the mobile operator to setup a different cli however I doubt you will be able to due to their account systems and regulations.

You can setup the sim to block cli on the sim card or request it from the network.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I will have to suppress the CLI on the SIM - not the ideal solution as customers will now get unknown number showing which I am worried will frighten some of them into thinking its their bank or credit card company. Outside of this bugbear its a neat solution - thanks for the suggestion.

Advertisement