Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1B FY 2013

Options
  • 17-04-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a H1B visa petition filed?

This shows a count of them so far link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Has anyone had a H1B visa petition filed?

This shows a count of them so far link

Useful info - thanks!

Is this in relation to H1b visa applied for since April 1st in relation to the window opening Oct 1st of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

It's the count since April 1st this year

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

got my case receipt number :D:D

Am I right in saying that one must hold a degree for an employer to apply for a H1B visa? My partner's employer seems to think that he does not need to hold a degree, just needs to prove that he is above average performance in the job position? I'm very dubious myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

You don't need a degree if you have sufficient experience in the field.
    just needs to prove that he is above average performance in the job position?

"Above average performance" is fairly subjective now to be honest, I don't think it's a definable criteria. Perhaps they mean a history of good performance in a similar role?

• Advertisement

spideog7 wrote: »
    You don't need a degree if you have sufficient experience in the field.

"Above average performance" is fairly subjective now to be honest, I don't think it's a definable criteria. Perhaps they mean a history of good performance in a similar role?

Thanks, I'm just quoting what I've been told. I was under the impression he had to have a degree but his boss (who would be his sponsor) told me he doesn't need one because he is above average in his ability in his job field. Just have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Thanks, I'm just quoting what I've been told. I was under the impression he had to have a degree but his boss (who would be his sponsor) told me he doesn't need one because he is above average in his ability in his job field. Just have to wait and see!

This is not true. You need to have equivalent experience to degree. They say 4 yrs for every year in college.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Looks like the blind are leading the blind... thanks for the info :)

Advertisement