Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Difficult to Remove tree for Tarmacing over?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I have a tree about 15 years old, Well established. Its about 15 foot high and spreads out about 25 foot. If you cut it down is there a chance it may grow back through a tarmaced driveway? I want to basically pave over and the tree is in my way. So she will have to be killed Im afraid, Dont want to but thinks its my only option.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have a tree about 15 years old, Well established. Its about 15 foot high and spreads out about 25 foot. If you cut it down is there a chance it may grow back through a tarmaced driveway? I want to basically pave over and the tree is in my way. So she will have to be killed Im afraid, Dont want to but thinks its my only option.

You can cut it down and then apply brushwood killer/glypospahte to the tree stump.

It will never grow back again.

A tree strump can make for a rather nice garden feature though.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 progarden

paddy147 wrote: »

You can cut it down and then apply brushwood killer/glypospahte to the tree stump.

It will never grow back again.

A tree strump can make for a rather nice garden feature though.;)

You my need to consider getting the tree stump ground out once the tree is cut down, it tend to be one o the only methods of removing it low enough to do resurfacing over. Otherwise you will need to excavate it out which is very messy and who knows what size hole you'll have and what utility services you may disturb. Most arborists will have a stump grinder. Where are you located I may give you details who's good and reasonable in the area

Advertisement