Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid pepper marinade

Options
  • 17-04-2012 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to make a liquid pepper marinade, a few times I've gotten meat from the butchers and it has a liquid pepper marinade on it, I chanced my arm in the butchers asking for the recipe, but they wouldn't give it out understandably.

I've looked online and there are quite a few pepper marinades and I've no idea which one to go for.

I'd like to use it for chicken, pork chops, steaks etc. While I can get the meat marinaded in the butchers, I'd like to learn how to make the marinade myself.

Could anyone here recommend a recipe please? The marinade on the meat usually has what looks like little seeds in it.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You are looking for peppercorn marinade. And not one based on sweet peppers or chili peppers. The seeds are the peppercorns.

The liquid base could be balsamic/oil based or red wine based, for example.
    Could be as simple as

Balsamic, water, oil, peppercorns and a small bit of honey (or brown sugar, etc)

Advertisement