Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Exam 2012

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 orangesoranges

SeanMadd wrote: »
    You're done them all? We only had design/craft yesterday and the next 2 are next friday. Have you picture of it? Sounds cool :D Do the imaginative compositions have the include a 'human element'? My teacher said it has to.

oh lucky you! it was a stressful week for us.. craft was monday, lcvp wednesday then imag. friday! glad its over tho!! ill try get a pic up! its quite mad, nothing like i've done before haha mine didnt tbh (unless youd say a skull is?) but thats the first ive heard of it? sure your task do draw people is in the life drawing so i dont see why :)
    our teacher jus told us to conjure up what we feel the passage is about! :)
    hope that helps:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

You're done them all? We only had design/craft yesterday and the next 2 are next friday. Have you picture of it? Sounds cool :D Do the imaginative compositions have the include a 'human element'? My teacher said it has to.

oh lucky you! it was a stressful week for us.. craft was monday, lcvp wednesday then imag. friday! glad its over tho!! ill try get a pic up! its quite mad, nothing like i've done before haha mine didnt tbh (unless youd say a skull is?) but thats the first ive heard of it? sure your task do draw people is in the life drawing so i dont see why :)
    our teacher jus told us to conjure up what we feel the passage is about! :)
    hope that helps:D

Yeah i'm quite interested to see your abstract butterflies! :P i'm guessing you did the passage about the little boy who goes to that weird scarf shop? I was thinking about that too! Not sure what I'll do though, maybe something including the pond?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

I've my craft exam on tuesday, really nervous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ImFudged

Had my calligraphy exam and it went really well except my pen started to malfunction at the end, the preliminary sheet was really easy. I have my still life and figure on Tuesday thinking of doing vegetables or fruit, and i hate hands OMG the worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I've my craftwork on Tuesday, I think the themes for Honours are total bollocks, they're all waaaay too similiar. The pass ones were great, all very different. I still don't even know what exactly I'm doing, I know I'm doing ''Global Tourism Exposition'' but ideas just seem to avoid me completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Lausie93

Hey, we're doing our craft exam on Thursday, i chose puppetry ('mutton dressed as lamb').

Was wondering what were the requirements for what has to be on the preparatory sheet??

Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

For the still life would it be ok if I based me items off the words "flea market" in passage A? I would draw a porcelain doll and maybe some old books and a few other items that might be found in a flea market. Forgot to ask my teacher today if that would be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

I had my craft today.

Didn't go so well. Spent 1 full hour on the preliminary and almost ran out of time for the actual piece. Most the page is white. ):

For the still life would it be ok if I based me items off the words "flea market" in passage A? I would draw a porcelain doll and maybe some old books and a few other items that might be found in a flea market. Forgot to ask my teacher today if that would be ok!

jus make sure you show how you use colours, i did something similar in the mocks and it act looked like a photo but i only did it in pencil and didnt get marked that high cause of it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

jus make sure you show how you use colours, i did something similar in the mocks and it act looked like a photo but i only did it in pencil and didnt get marked that high cause of it :(

Really?
    My art teacher said we should try to keep the still life all pencil, unless its a painting. Not sure now, I have lots of coloured glass bottles in mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

hey what kind of things are yous writing on your little description at the back of the still life, like on why you picked that passage and so fourth.. what are some good convincing arty words hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Someone give me some interesting composition to draw for the still life, have it tomorrow and im clueless. Something that suits pencil preferably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

FinnD wrote: »
    Someone give me some interesting composition to draw for the still life, have it tomorrow and im clueless. Something that suits pencil preferably :)

Hope you did good in your still life.
    I've mine tomorrow but all I have for it is just a jug. I need to put stuff with it >.<

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Really?
    My art teacher said we should try to keep the still life all pencil, unless its a painting. Not sure now, I have lots of coloured glass bottles in mine.

yea like i dont mean t be full of myself but i was act so proud of it and all, even the teacher was shocked ! onlly got 56!! i think it mainly depends on the text..lbut even if you use colour your showing the examiner you know how to blend and the use of colours and all;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

jmclee wrote: »
    hey what kind of things are yous writing on your little description at the back of the still life, like on why you picked that passage and so fourth.. what are some good convincing arty words hehe

I did mine today and we quoted the lines where we picked out our objects from, and then just say something like 'I picked out these objects because they fitted the theme/passage' etc. I don't think it matters a lot, our teacher said the examiner barely reads it. I think it's just incase you did something that didn't look like it was from the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PTheArtist

Did my Still Life (a cabbage, three leeks, a red onion and a red pepper, for Passage D in Higher Level) in soft pastel, came out really nice and had time to spare to refine it. :P

Still Life is much much better in full colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

I want to see pictures of all your work :D

Just wondering for imag. comp, does it need to "represent" the text or be a picture describing the text, or can you just take out a word and just draw something on that? Like the word magic in passage C, and drawing, I dunno, a unicorn :PAC:

(Not doing a unicorn btw :P)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nobody will be posting any photos of exam work during the period of the exams, thanks.
    As has been said before, the SEC watch these threads.
    Please don't be stupid.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement