Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reapplying for the CAO

• 17-04-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi, I'm currently in first year of college, but dont really like the course so I submitted a new application on the CAO.

In my application I gave my personal details, my leaving cert exam number from last year and what year I did my leaving cert (2011).I also wrote down what course I am doing,and what college I am in at the moment.

I'm just wondering is there anything else I have to do?, do I have to send my leaving cert results into the CAO from last year, or is it all done automatically with my previous exam number?

oh and do I need to give my college Christmas results from this year?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

eugh i never gave my CAO number form last year, i got a new one ?? :( hope i havent f*D mine up /:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Do you mean that you got and new CAO application number ,or you got a new exam number?.

You had to give your old CAO exam number ,because they need that to link your results to that number.

I got a new application number ,I think that's normal, I think the main number is you exam number, that's the one you wrote on your papers while doing the leaving cert exams

• Registered Users Posts: 38 school_sux

neon123 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm currently in first year of college, but dont really like the course so I submitted a new application on the CAO.

In my application I gave my personal details, my leaving cert exam number from last year and what year I did my leaving cert (2011).I also wrote down what course I am doing,and what college I am in at the moment.

I'm just wondering is there anything else I have to do?, do I have to send my leaving cert results into the CAO from last year, or is it all done automatically with my previous exam number?

oh and do I need to give my college Christmas results from this year?

Thank you.

Hey! I'm in the same situation as you, I'm currently in dcu and hate my course :p so i applied through the cao again. I filled it out wrongly first, forgetting to state that i am still in college and what course i'm doing. But I rang them up and they sorted it all out! you've covered everything you need to say on the form. Best of luck and hopefully we both like our course next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrroboto

I want to reappy too. But I can't remeber my old exam number. Who do I contact to get it?? will it take long?? Time is running out!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

mrroboto wrote: »
    I want to reappy too. But I can't remeber my old exam number. Who do I contact to get it?? will it take long?? Time is running out!!:confused:

Your old school might have it on file, or else an old teacher might have a draft project/essay in a cupboard somewhere with the number on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mrroboto

Thanks I'll try them

Advertisement