Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport from Dublin to Wicklow

• 17-04-2012 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Hope someone can help. I need to get from Dublin to Aughrim as early as possible next Saturday morning. Does anyone know the best way?

I will be based up near Connolly station Friday night/Saturday morning so close to Busarus, although their buses only go to Arklow.

Does anyone know the earliest train and from where?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Seems as if the earliest way to get there is by Bus to Arklow. Can someone give me an idea of how much it would cost in a taxi to Aughrim from Arklow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Best to ring a few local taxi company's. Most will be closed if you arrive early on a Sunday. Ring them and book it in advance. Say it would be maybe €20. Its about 20-30 min drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No bus serves Aughrim.

Bus Eireann route 2 serves Arklow - timetable is here.

Train times are here.

After that it's a taxi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

If you go onto Arklow rail stations' Facebook page you'll find a list of local taxi companies:

http://www.facebook.com/irishrailarklowstation/app_128953167177144

You should be able to view that without needing to be logged into Facebook.

Advertisement