Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much bandwidth to host online game with UPC?

• 17-04-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello there all,

Just a quick question.

I have just purchased the UPC 25mb bundle connection. It's running very well so far, very fast indeed!
    I'm not a heavy downloader, just the occasional song and I don't use Torrents.

However I like to play the odd game on the XBOX, such as Call of Duty or Halo after work.

And I have noticed that I am usually the Host on most games of MW3.

Now I don't want to go over my 500gb usage limit and have a bad record with UPC, so was wondering if anyone could tell me how much bandwidth being host uses. On my old connection I was never host so it wouldn't be much of a problem to play online.

Would it be hard to go over the 500gb limit every month by playing online? Or would it be very minimal and nothing to worry about.

Many thanks in advance, kind regards,
    -Dave. :D

EDIT: Appologies if this is in the wrong forum, mods.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Very little. You won't come near 1GB, let alone 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cobbe354

jor el wrote: »
    Very little. You won't come near 1GB, let alone 500.

Awesome. Thanks!
    Was just a bit wary, I'm not too good with technology these days :o

Advertisement