Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies day exam 2012!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

would a lot of marks be deducted for not getting it fully finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Micheal6

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    would a lot of marks be deducted for not getting it fully finished?
    no only 8 marks out of 150 go for the assembly my advice take your time and make sure u get your tenons cut first before anyhting there easy to gt marks in rememeber to chisel against the grain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just to note folks - the SEC monitor Boards quite closely every year and this year is no exception. They've already been in touch with me about this thread in particular and have asked me to keep an eye on it. I would urge all of you not to be giving any information out - if the SEC presents us with the correct paperwork for your details, and the details of any private messages you've sent or received about this, we have no choice but to hand it over and that may not end well for you. As a precaution, I'm editing a couple of posts above.

These are State exams folks - serious business.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 thomas1891

well..any tips for the writing exam..i had a poor teacher and id say iv about 20-30 already..but kinda nervious for the actual exam..need about 55 points from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

thomas1891 wrote: »
    well..any tips for the writing exam..i had a poor teacher and id say iv about 20-30 already..but kinda nervious for the actual exam..need about 55 points from it

Thread here ;)

• Advertisement

this is all for the practical..i mean the exam in a few weeks..i really think il fail it

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

this is all for the practical..i mean the exam in a few weeks..i really think il fail it
    Learn your scale drawing, that's 2 questions, learn passive housing and learn u values and u wong go too far wrong!

ya i know my drawings pretty well and u values,foundations,sound insulation but thats about it

ya i know my drawings pretty well and u values,foundations,sound insulation but thats about it
    If I were you I'd definitely learn passive housing. It's not too bad to learn and they love asking it in the last few years! Other than that ur flying I'd say!

ha id hardly say im flying it..i just want to get a C in it overall...what chapter in construction studies today book is that..really thankful for your help

• Advertisement

I'm not sure exactly what it goes under, it's like all about air tightness, mechanical heat recovery system, geothermal heating, solar energy and all that sort of thing:) of you had time it wouldn't be a bad idea to have look over septic tanks and alternative in the water tank! Out teacher thinks that has a good chance of coming up:)

Advertisement