Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Ferguson Plough Parts

Options
  • 17-04-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

I'm might be in the market for an old fergie plough; i think it'd be a nice thing to restore. Does anyone know what kind of prices spare parts are going for? Things like skimmers, disc coulters etc. I've been looking at places like Fergieland and Old20 parts but when you and their prices to the price of postage it might end up a bit on the pricey side:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭El Kabong!

Sorry to hijack, but I have just bought a Ferguson 2 furrow plough which looks to be in very good condition but I might need to replace the points. So I too would be interested to know where to get them. They are probably OK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

check out westlake plough parts in the UK too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2750253

Pratts in Abbeyleix might have some parts for them. Not too well organised though, you'll probably have to call in there and root through boxes yourself. They are on the old Cork road out of the town on LHS.

Shipping from UK is rough, it would be easier to go over on the ferry yourself. Also should be parts available in N Ireland. Watch out for spurious indian sh1te, I hear it's very brittle.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Shipping varies, depending on what you're getting, and from who.

I got a box of two shins, two points, two wings and 2 dozen bolts from westlake last year, and postage was around 10-15 pounds, which was great value for the weight I thought.

Old 20 seem expensive for the bits, but you'll have to ring to find out, same with westlake.

Pratts did have a load of stuff on donedeal recently alright so worth a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Are westlake plough parts in UK still trading? Just curious as I emailed them a few weeks ago but no reply came yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Are westlake plough parts in UK still trading? Just curious as I emailed them a few weeks ago but no reply came yet!

AFAIK still going ok. Saw something on FB about him not being well though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

blue5000 wrote: »
    ........Saw something on FB about him not being well though.

I'm glad to have let him be when he's not well.

Anyone have experience dealing with any other supplier for Ferguson plough parts?

Advertisement