Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drupal Intro/Overview

Options
  • 17-04-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I do a small bit of web design (web mastering more than design) but it's mainly been on wordpress and custom CSS sites. I'm decent with HTML, CSS, and the bare basics of php.

Looks like I might have to take on looking after a site built on Drupal. I have zero experience of Drupal so was just looking for some place that gives a good introduction to it.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

http://groups.drupal.org/ireland might be of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

there is a 2 day camp on this month for free. just register
    drupalcampireland.org

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Hi,

I do a small bit of web design (web mastering more than design) but it's mainly been on wordpress and custom CSS sites. I'm decent with HTML, CSS, and the bare basics of php.

Looks like I might have to take on looking after a site built on Drupal. I have zero experience of Drupal so was just looking for some place that gives a good introduction to it.

Any recommendations?

Find that the Drupal site itself is the best place & you'll get decent answers to questions most of the time (so long as they haven't been asked 100 times already ;)). Make sure to check out what version of Drupal you're looking at — big difference between 5/6/7.

Good luck, it's a steep enough learning curve, but I found it a nice CMS once you get going. The key is what modules you're using & how well they're supported. You'll hear very mixed reviews though :)

Advertisement